Lcd Displays for the MB-6582 ?

asafnetzer

Hi,

As I do not have much experience with Lcd displays I was wondering if anyone here worked with a white on blue one ?

I have found those for a nice $10 price, $16 shipping for up to 10.

There are other color options but they do not go under $25 + shipping most of the times.

Thanks and best regards,

Asaf

zz-xb-lcd-b_thumb.jpg

1992_zz-xb-lcd-b_jpg26df0038617d328951f8

hi, where have you find crystalfontz 20x4 blue lcd for 10$? it is 29,80 on the site, and crystalfotnz it's a direct seller.

it would be nice if you share with us your seller or ask if anyone need it at this good price not?  ;)

well, the LCD is an CFAH2004A-TMI-JP 20x4 STN Blue, Negative, Transmissive, White Edge LED Backlight, in this thread http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,9623.0.html people had buy same LCD but with different color for MB-6582 Wilba user-project.

as Wilba says:

It's a standard character LCD using the HD44780 industrial standard, the default LCD type for MIOS.

The only thing worth noting is that white backlight LCDs are edge lit (not a LED array underneath)... they will therefore use less current (maybe only 60mA?) and the brightness control of the Core PCB might not work as expected - you can use a 100ohm resistor in series with +5v/ground to pins 15 and 16 as an alternative, if you are paranoid and worried about burning out the LEDs.

that's all.

Hi,

Of course I would share the link,  ;D

White on Blue  @ $9.99 http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/zz-xb-lcd-b

Black On Green @ $7.99 http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/zz-xb-lcdxx

Unfortunately they only have 2 options of the crystalfontz 20X4 lcd's as linked above.

The black on green is a bit boring for my taste and I do not know if the white on blue would hurt the eyes

so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

About the shipping, I was wrong, $11 for 1-2 for Europe / Israel (me) $16 for 3-4 / Registered mail option, less for U.S / Canada

Edit : Shipping cost of 10 Lcd's to the U.S cost $24, 20 Lcd's @ $37 so Bulk order could save a lot of money if anyone is Interested

even a combined order of the 2 color schemes, As they are a store and would not mind combining.

We could also check for discount  ;)

they accept paypal as well so it could be done easily order wise, so if anyone wants just let me know otherwise I would just

order 2 for me to check them out.

Best Regards,

Asaf

If I'll see that there are enough people caring for this we can open a thread in the Bulk Order area, we just need someone

That lives in the U.S to cut down the shipping cost  ;)

so counting so far it's, asafnetzer - 2 lcd's

DenDer    - 2 lcd's

ganchan    - ?

Hi Asaf

I bought one of these blue LCD's from Divineo awhile ago when they were mentioned in the MB6582 thread.

It is very nice and have had absolutely no problems with it. I got the data sheet from the CrystalFontz website.

Wilba was correct in saying the backlight adjustments on the Core module don't seem to have quite the same range as with most other displays, but I haven't found it to be a problem. Changing some resistor values would probably fix this issue anyway.

John