SID (((stereo)))- FINISHED and NAMED!!

buhler

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oooh, that LCD sure does look lovely. So it works just great in 4bits mode, as long as the non-used connetions are grounded? And it also works with the standard Midibox LCD cable?

Goodie :) (I bought this LCD about a year ago, from that same ebay shop :P It's still waiting for me to start on a project :P)

Oooh, that LCD sure does look lovely. So it works just great in 4bits mode, as long as the non-used connetions are grounded?

yes.

And it also works with the standard Midibox LCD cable?

i'm not sure what a standard Midibox LCD cable is but if you wire the LCD up correctly, it should work with just about anything. :)

• 2 weeks later...

hey buhler, I noticed that my PLED is very noisy in my MB-6582, do you notice any noise caused by your PLED? i.e. if you powered on with the PLED disconnected, do you notice a big difference in noise (ground noise)? Can you hear a different pitch of noise depending on what is being displayed on the screen?

hey buhler, I noticed that my PLED is very noisy in my MB-6582, do you notice any noise caused by your PLED? i.e. if you powered on with the PLED disconnected, do you notice a big difference in noise (ground noise)? Can you hear a different pitch of noise depending on what is being displayed on the screen?

Sony's Hi-MD with OLED display seems to "feature" something similar:

The base level of the noise is ever so slightly lower with the NH1 except at low frequencies, and if the noise is boosted by 40dB a soft hum can be heard in the noise. The machine was not mains powered and all test equipment had been turned off, but a spectrum analysis of the noise showed components at 50, 100, 150 and 200Hz. There is also a small peak around 5kHz. At first I blamed this on AC hum but I noticed the flicker of the OLED display out of the corner of my eye. Using a photosensor I found this was refreshed at exactly 100Hz (with other components in the waveform) so it could be the source of these components.

(http://www.wildlife-sound.org/equipment/himd/rh1.html)

i actually haven't noticed but i wouldn't rule out the possibility...  i'm in the middle of a big move so i can't test it but i will definitely check once i'm settled in my new place.  i did test another LCD when i was troubleshooting my PLED and i didn't notice any difference in noise levels... i am using 6581's though and you're using 6582's so there may be a huge difference in what's audible in the background noise.  i'll get back to you on this one.