Custom MEC Love

stryd_one

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna get in on these too, just not sure how many yet. Probably about 100 silent buttons and 100 caps. Not sure which ones yet. I'm doubting this, but will ask anyway. Do you think its possible to somehow use a duo led with these? I can see that they only have notches for two leads. Do you think it would be possible to make an additional notch for the third lead?

Thanks,

Luke

Do you think it would be possible to make an additional notch for the third lead?

Or simply slip a small piece of pvc insulation over the LED's lead.

The notches look about big enough to fit two leads each... so.. RGB silent switch anyone?  ;D

Edit (after a second look): yeah, or maybe a second notch...  :-[

I found the MEC switches perfect too.  I managed to get a couple of samples from them last year, and they are fantastic switches.  But I couldn't get them for less than £3.50 per unit, which was just ridiculous  So I know the money Stryd is talking about is an excellent price.  This is just the bulk buy I've been waiting for.  The clicky ones are very tactile, probably 1.5mm throw, but have a good squidgy resistance.  I think my unused samples probably only have about 9 Million clicks of life left - it is addictive.

I'll be looking for at least:

3FTL6 x 140

1D.16  x 70

1S11.16.0 x 70

The clear caps are very similar to those used in Roland's SH-32.

£3.50 per unit

OUCH!

I think my unused samples probably only have about 9 Million clicks of life left - it is addictive.

Hahah yeh totally. When I first plugged them in, I used them for a while, was really happy, and then went away to read posts... and then got up and played with them for a bit, and then sat down to read posts...then got up and played with them for a bit, and then sat down to read posts...then got up and played with them for a bit, and then sat down to read posts.......... ;D

hey Knowgood,

Yes, see my post above.  The transparent ones are very similar to those on the SH-32.  I've got samples of the switches and an SH-32 but it's hard to see any differences.  But you knew this when you posted, right?

R.

Oops - NOW I see it. LOL!  :-[

This is good to know. Thanks.

The jomox switches are different.

They're also crap. If these will work and end up being somewhat better, I'll be a happy camper.  ;)

As for being that particular model from Omron, wouldn't the switch itself be the same only the cap different? I could just reuse the caps here and get new switches correct?

The rush on these seems to have slowed, so I'm gonna fire off an email soon to get proper pricing. If anyone else is kinda thinking about it or whatever, let me know.

In case it's not already obvious, I am taking a pretty relaxed and flexible stance on how this bulk order will run. If you need more structure/speed/whatever, just let me know, I'll sort it out :)