Yamaha RM1X buttons

cimo

hi

i have a Yamaha RM1X with some bad buttons, i thought i could try to clean them up with some special spray or likesuchas but they look rather "sealed", it would probably be better to change all of them, can anybody point me to right direction to get some replacement?

They hace a "gummy" top and a black body and a silent/soft feeling or maybe a "soft/silent/clicky" feeling as they click but with a padded feedback

the picture is quite bad but i only have a web camera at the moment..

thanks

simone

webcam1223063955kw8.png

couldnt see too well form that photo; so took a rm1x appart which i have here.

they are absolutely standard microswitches (with the exception of the rubber tactile motion) used in everything; cheap as chips.. look up your local big supplier and theyll carry something suitable.

try these maybe:

http://uk.farnell.com/1555982/switches-relays/product.us0?sku=tyco-electronics-fsm4jh

Manufacturer: TYCO ELECTRONICS

Order Code: 1555982

Manufacturer Part No: FSM4JH

1555982-40.jpg

hola

@Artesia: these buttons are 8mm and not 6mm so they wouldn t fit the fooprint, also they have a soft feeling which i would like to keep, if possible and the pins pitch is 4mm (or  something like that)

@Stryd: i ve sent a mail to a repair shop in Barcelona, waiting for response..

FInding the service manual would be great

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/979045-switch-tact-soft-touch-120gf-tl9000f120qg.html

EDIT: Farnel stocks them but with an additional fee to ship to Europe, i can try to ask for samples directly from E-switch

EDIT2: E-switches ships samples only to USA and Japan

DigiKey ships to Europe for a reasonable price of 90 $ (my bad they also ship for 18$, maybe)

good work, a little more thorough than i could be asked with sometimes :)

unfortunately the actuators are almost always a custom part designed by the company to fit the design & ordered in a silly quantity from a plastic fab.

let us know if you find some tho :)

Speaking of partspipe, did a search for Dual Gang 100K pots today on ebay, and they were the only seller that came up for them.

Handy to know for MB-Sid feedback.

Two options:

1. Cleaning the buttons:

- open the rm1x (but be careful with the flat ribbon cable that goes to the LCD - don't touch this!!!!)

- very gently snap off the white and black molded plastic keys

- take a blunt pointy object and VERY VERY VERY gently push the rubber membrane of each of the main pattern/note buttons to one side. the point is to be able to get inside the button assembly and scrub it with contact cleaner on the tip of a q-tip or something like that. you may even want to gently scrape the oxidization off the metal contact on the bottom of the button.

- carefully, patiently, slowly tuck the rubber membrame of each button back under the bezel of the housing. this takes time and practice. if you rip the rubber membrane, you're screwed.

2. Replacing the buttons:

- if you're handy with a soldering iron, then just order new buttons:

The digikey part # is:

KSI0M011-ND

the manufacturer part #is:

KSI0M011

from ITT/Cannon

- carefully, patiently, slowly

me?  :)

anyway i have here in front of me a desoldered button and although it is possible to pull off the gray rubber, it is impossible to put it back again, you probably need a spacial tool.

The digikey part # is:

KSI0M011-ND

the manufacturer part #is:

KSI0M011

from ITT/Cannon

NO, this is not the proper replacement part, the right Digikey part is:

EG4346-ND

the E-switch part number is:

TL9000F120QG

and in the service manula yo ucan find the part number from Yamaha:

SKEYAG