Midibox SID 303

Midnite

Hello Midiboxers,

I have already built a working MB SID with a minimal control surface, but would like to build a strictly 303 style interface so I can use my sid as a bassline. I'm sure there's a thread that goes over the details, so if someone could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd like it to be as close to a simple bass line sequencer as possible but have enough flexability to be able to program reasonably easy.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Closest to 303 sequencer is x0xb0x. So you can use just it`s sequencer with your SID or any other synth. SokkOS firmware sends MIDI note and clock out and it is very good for a job. I have some fun last night sequencing Reason`s synths from x0xb0x. I liked it a lot! :)

I also cut one main x0xb0x PCB some time ago to do some leveling and stacking experimentation for the upcoming mod. You can do the same, and just keep the sequencer part and use rest of PCB as a coaster. Of course, you need to assemble the part of the i/o PCB also. I`ll post some pictures when I back home.

I`m definitely planing to make one-piece PCB stripped x0xb0x sequencer but I doubt I`ll make more than few PCBs as the batch running from Serbia tend to be nightmare because of the local regulations.

AFAIK Transistorsex was some kind of VIP project? That sequencer is not available to buy, nor to DIY, so it is like it don`t exist. Or it became available?

Correct it's VIP, i was lucky to get me one. I allready asked for a second run. But if this is not gonna happen then i will try to rebuild it but then with the MIOS32 technology.

Here is how I cut the x0xb0x PCB. Synthesizer section is untouched and has few sequencer controls like Grayhill and tempo encoders and tempo LED.

For using just x0xb0x sequencer, cut should be made above encoders, of course, and nothing of the steps below should be performed.

3151545500_a4059f9f17.jpg

I soldered headers directly to the MCU pads to easily make interconnection to the synth section.

3151545504_de853336fe.jpg

These cuts on both sides are done so I can drill the mounting hole in the corner and not make a short when tighten the screw.

3151545506_5c79ddbd1a.jpg

3151545510_4867517299.jpg

3151545512_bfc07ca13e.jpg