Diy sampler

matoz

I've built one of these up and I have to say it's an amazing project. I love it. So crispy and crunchy. I plan to add one of Seppo's 2044 setups to it. I've run it through the one I have on my MB6582 and it sound beautiful. It has an effect mode that lets it just process incoming audio in real time. Really fun stuff and a very easy build.

Luke

I got mine yesterday, and built it in about half an hour.. pretty easy project.

I must say, first impressions are not so great for me..  I don't mind it's sound, and using it as a looping pedal / over dub sort of thing is great.

It's just all the cool stuff is done via midi, and using CC's to enable record and extra functions remotely is a bit of a pisser. (I don't use a computer, except to record audio)

I like it's got two voices, and I like how filthy it can sound.. but it is crying out for a few things that would make it 1000x better.

just my $0.02

Totally understand. I'm just honestly curious. I was left feeling quite the same way when I finished mine, but now that I have had it and used it for a month I'm really liking it. Simply for the sound quality alone it's worth it in my opinion. I have been using mine as an external effect from ableton. The real time mode has been the most fun for me so far.

Luke

• 2 weeks later...

i have ordered one, too.

did you guys build it like recommended (all parts on pcb) ?

as for the additional features in midi mode, wouldn't it be cool to have a midibox controller designed especially for the WTPA?

i will build a case for it anyway because i dislike accessible circuitry, so i think leaving some room for a mb controller section would not cause much effort.

but until now i don't have it so i can't say which type of controllers would be useful, encoders, buttons or pots, which means MB64...

is there anything like that already planned/intended ?