info from a newbie

deep88

sorry i feel so emabased to post this... but hey i don't know aything more than repair some scsi fuse of old akai, cleaning pads, and that shits....

so my question: is there anbody that can do this job for me? i really like the midibox seq, and i know if i have the balls i should solder and made by myself, but trust me i'm really not able, i can try but it's not really my job...

so if anybody here wants to do this stuff please pm me, and sorry again for this infamous post!

apologies

ale

I'm pretty certain if you look around here asking this sort of thing is not only frowned upon but also kind of silly

I am totally useless at anything to do with electronics but to be honest with the kits you can buy from Smash it isn't really that difficult to be honest

It really is just a case of learning to solder and that is just a tiny bit of practice before you start tackling the kits

The reality is that if you don't want to learn to do the soldering then really i don't see how you think the Seq is for you

This is a DIY community and as such its is erm DIY

Now i'm not trying to be rude or obnoixious or anything but really you should give it a try and who knows you may start to enjoy it and believe it or not when it is finished it is a very very proud moment :) (Actually im convinced equipment you build yourself sounds better too hehehehe)

Flex

so my question: is there anbody that can do this job for me?

I am afraid not. Buying/selling midiboxes (which this would essentially be) is not allowed due to the midibox user license. If you want one you will have to build it yourself. It's DIY after all.

but trust me i'm really not able, i can try but it's not really my job...

A lot of people come in here regularly and feel exactly what you are going through atm. It seems like an incredibly hard thing to tackle. It really isn't. If you look around the forum a bit you'll notice that there's a lot of people around here helping noobies like you getting their projects up and running. And we've seen a lot of "I can't do it... Oh wait - it's working!" around here ;) Just do some reading, see what you need, if you have questions - ask.

It's really not some electronics voodoo, everything is well documented and more than beginner friendly - give it a shot, the satisfaction of having built your own mbSeq will make having it so much better!

ok u convince me... let' see what are this "Smash it" kit... trying some search in the forum... laters

tnx all

Ultra is selling doing a second run of his pcb. Follow that and you have a breeze buidling 1 yourself. Don't forget to join the Wilba groupbuy for the easy seq frontpanel and matching pcb!!!