Another Nice DIY Sequencer, with kits

TheAncientOne

Paul Maddox has done kits/PCBs for his new baby sized 8 step MIDI sequencer 'Gorf'.

Paul has done some amazing synth designs including 'Monowave' a mono PPG type system, and PolyDAC - a multi channel MIDI->CV. You can see them on his site.

Details here: Gorf

Build blog and PCB info Gorf Blog

I've got the board, just waiting for the pots to arrive before testing. The plastic case, (see blog) looks good, but I think mine is going in an actual box.

Hope it's of interest. I have one set of switches spare if ayone wants to build one.

By the way the strange vibraphone music is a rather retro UK joke. Paul Maddox used it in his 'Building Gorf' video, and Chris followed on with it for the case video. It's become a bit of a retro motif in 'something I made' clips.

There was a famous UK artist aclled Tony Hart who did programs for children's TV. Starting with 'Vision on' and then later 'Take Hart'. He always had a gallery section, where they would show artwork children had sent in, accompanied by that tune, It's called 'Leftbank 2'. The programs were very advanced for their time. One small feature was an animation called 'Morph' done by a very young Nick Park, who later found fame with 'Wallace and Grommet'. Looking at the website for 'Vision On', I remembered they also had a character called 'The Prof', which is perhaps who my friends were thinking of why they gave me the nickname.

Tony Hart was an inspirational genius - he died earlier this year at 83. I think a lot of kids got into art because of him.

We're talking very retro: 'Vision On' ran from 1964 to 1976.