NEED SOMEONE TO HELP GET A CONTROLLER BUILD

BlindMinded

HI GUYZ

I AM A LONDON BASED PRODUCER, MY ARTIST NAME IS BLIND MINDED

I NEED TO FIND SOMEONE THAT CAN BUILD ME A SPECIFIC CONTROLLER TO USE FOR MY LIVE SET, AS I CAN NOT FIND 1 IN THE MARKET AND I AM ALWASY UNHAPPY WITH THE NE I HAVE NOW....

WHAT I USE AT THE MOMENT IS

A MAC BOOK PRO PLUS MOTU ULTRALITE

RUNNING ABLETON LIVE 8

AKAI MPC 40, PLUS SYNTH CONECTED VIA MIDI AND A THEREMIN.

I HAVE MY IDEA TIGHT AND READY, IT WILL NEED TO BE HALF MIDI BUT ALSO WITH SOME ANOLOG I/P

AS I WANT TO ELEIMINATE THE ANALOG MIXER THAT I HAVE TO CARRY WITH ME TO EVERY GIG AND HAVE A BIG BOX WITH EVERYTHING I NEED IN IT.

LET ME KNOW IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS..

I AM QUITE KEEN ON CHANGING PROGRAM IF NEED IT OR WHATEVER

THX A LOT IN ADVANCE

BM

www.myspace.com/blindm

Now to the question itself...

this is a DIY community; this means, you will nor probably find someone who will build something for you,

but if you ask nicely, you will find a lot of people who will be willing to help you building your box

with all the advice they can give.

What you must do is specify exactly what you want to build, what it shall include, what it should do and what not.

A single-line description which is at best nebulous is simply not enough for anyone to help you.

sorry to everyone, not very familiar with forum slang.... :-[

well I am a sound engineer as well but not the best 1 to build stuff as it never works, but i can fix small things like cables ecc ecc.

so it is gonna be difficult for me to build a controller myself.

I will write specifically what i need for my controller hopefully there is going to be someone able to help me.

maybe do you know any companies that does that, i may be in the wrong road to get this thing sorted???

thx for the help!!!

best

G

I will write specifically what i need for my controller hopefully there is going to be someone able to help me.

Yeah, we will be able to help you build it yourself! I'm pretty sure that you will not find anyone here who will build for you... you see, we're busy building and learning for ourselves ;)

To build yourself does not make it cheaper - often it will be even more expensive, so maybe you should just google for a box that suits your needs.

Remember that gigging wears equipment severely, so with time your box will break and you will have to repair it anyways, so it's better to buy some behringer crap-box because you'll have some kind of warranty, or you can easily buy a new one without busting your budget! If you really want a sexy custom controller, then you will have to learn how to build it yourself :) this also means that you'll be able to repair it if it eventually breaks...... plus the girls will be twice as impressed, instead of telling them 'some dude built it for me' ;)

Hi Blind, and welcome.  Control Surfaces, of all the MIDIboxes, tend to be the easiest to design and build, because the hardware requirements are simple and troubleshooting is easy.  If you follow the instructions and the help you get here, you should be able to pull it off.

What nobody has told you yet is that all the stuff here is based on the MIDIbox Hardware Platform, which is a collection of simple circuits you'll find at www.ucapps.de.  These little boards get put together to form complete projects.  The design and software comes almost exclusively from Thorsten Klose, a.k.a. TK on this forum.  TK offers his incredible firmware coding chops to us ravenous builders for free!  Anybody can build projects based on his excellent platform as they wish, with one condition:  nobody is allowed to profit, on a commercial level, for his work.

So you'll be hard pressed to find anybody on this forum who is willing to build one of these boxes for you.  But all is not lost ... with a bit of soldering skill and a vision, it is easy to realize the MIDI controller you want, provided you can find the time.

If you browse this forum you'll find a lot of people come in with no knowledge or experience, and end up building really amazing stuff.  Others get intimidated and disappear :(

Before you post your design here, may I suggest you browse ucapps.de (particularly look at the MIDIbox 64 and MIDIbox 64e projects), and then search the forum and the wiki (and Google) for stuff you have trouble understanding.  Make an evening of it.  Then post your needs for a controller here.

Noobs are welcome here.  Noobs who don't do at least a little research for themselves are generally not.

I hope to hear from you soon!

(BTW an excellent starting point is here: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=introduction_to_ucapps.de )

thx a lot, yes I am spending the time I find on researching some stuff on the midi controllers I found some intresting stuff when i ll feel ready to start I will post thje design here and get some more advices.

I have asked to some companies already but they all talking about 3000 £ minimum and obviously I can't spend those money in a controller right now, with out even having the guaranty that is gonna work!!!

do you guyz thing is possible that I am gonna spend that much money?

thx

G

do you guyz thing is possible that I am gonna spend that much money?

possible? sure.

If you're using only high-grade pots and other expensive parts. If you're willing, you can spend a *lot* of money on your midibox.

likely? not really.

As I said, you can choose which components and materials you want to use.

I've spent about 60€ on my midibox:

932993_5f71153bc5_s.jpeg

but there are no real limits in how small or how big you want to make it.

Here are some inspirations for you:

http://ucapps.de/midibox_gallery.html

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=midibox

matthias