SID V1 Sale Request

jaywar

Hello... I just finished (well, I'm really, really close, just waiting on some dual gang pots!) my stereo MB 6582 which I love but now I won't be using my SID V1 that I made a few years ago. So, I would like to request permission to sell my SID V1 on the Midibox forum.

If approved, what's a reasonable price for it? All parts were bought from Smash TV (and the LCD from Crystal Fontz) and I pulled the 6581 from a commodore 64 I purchased for $40.00. I don't have a SID power supply for it, so it is currently powered by two wallwarts. It's in a case I made myself, but the case needs vents added to it because it gets too hot and restarts the PIC (or it just needs a new case). Thank you for your consideration and assistance.

Here's a photo (it now has a knob on the menu encoder)

Edited by jaywar

• 4 weeks later...

The general opinion about selling a used box because it's not used anymore is this:

It's ok for you to sell it, as long as you try to sell it here on the forum. A good/reasonable price is the price of the parts, ie what you paid for the parts.

• 2 weeks later...

It's in a case I made myself, but the case needs vents added to it because it gets too hot and restarts the PIC (or it just needs a new case).

Heat isnt the only cause of a pic restarting, usually its due to a loose connection or a short.

Not to get too off topic... but it's not a loose connection, because when the case is vented (opened totally, or a small crack, etc.), it works fine for as long as it's plugged in. As soon as you close the case, it starts to reset after the heat has built up sufficiently (15 minutes or so). It's hard to see, but in the current case, there are absolutely no air holes—at the time I didn't realize how hot the sid can get!

I will be listing it soon for the cost of the components and I'll be throwing in a couple of cores I didn't use and some other assorted parts that would be helpful in putting it into a new case. Thanks to everyone for their input!

• 3 months later...