CORE + 2 SID Board?

m00dawg

I while ago I saw a post where someone made a 2 SID + CORE but I can't seem to find it. I'm thinking about going to a more modular solution for my rackmount SID synth since I can get pieces working easier individually and could simplify the design of some things (such as the control surface). Anyone recall where I can find this?

TwinSID is close but it's a full featured solution it would seem, much like sammichSID. The board I saw was basically a CORE plus 2 SID modules in one neat package (I think it contained a bankstick too). It was nice because, though being modular, it took up less room and I wanted to see if I could use that for the basis of what I wanted to do.

MB6582 will work just fine, although it's easier for my to wrap my head around a standard DIN/DOUT setup instead of the transistor sink. The wiring of my control surface has also been complicated, but I think I could simplify that by using my own wiring matrix (originally I was going to use the exact same connections but that doesn't really fit well with my CS design).

I like the idea of getting rid of things I don't need (like space for MIDI jacks, which will be panel mount for my design) although a modular design would probably, at best, be the same size as the MB6582 board (and probably more). Just a thought I had though.

I thought the schematics weren't available for sammichSID? I mean, I can just get the CORE and SID schematics and go to town, although I figured if I could find the CORE + 2 SID module that'd be a better place to start. Either way, I think I'm probably going to use my MB-6582 board for a while since it works and I'll have room in my case for it.

Indeed I've been perusing through the other post on it :) Are the schems available in any form perhaps? Also, what was the wire-width you used for your control surface bits? I think I'm using thicker wire in EagleCAD for my CS modules currently - so far so good but I have a feeling I could be using smaller.