MB808 seq for MB808 voice

zephyrin

Hello i m trying to make th MB808 with the microlarge PCB.

I have finish the 3 boards , i have also building power supply, and output from yoda design.

Now i will building the sequencer part, for that i have 1 x MBHP_CORE, stuffed with PIC18F4620, 2 x MBHP_DINX4 amd 2 x MBHP_DOUTX4.

I will also building the banksitck

I know that TK and Kogz23 works on a new "combined" PCB

I wanted to know this standalone MB808 seq have the same design as MB808 with the digitast switch and what is the difference between this MB808 seq and the MB9090 seq from jozef ?

I need also some help for connecting switch and led to DIN and DOUT :)

On the original MB808 there is a pot swing (10KB) and accent (10K) where there are connecting ?

gallery10265170315517.jpg

gallery10265170431601.jpg

gallery10265170356904.jpg

Hello i m trying to make th MB808 with the microlarge PCB.

I have finish the 3 boards , i have also building power supply, and output from yoda design.

Now i will building the sequencer part, for that i have 1 x MBHP_CORE, stuffed with PIC18F4620, 2 x MBHP_DINX4 amd 2 x MBHP_DOUTX4.

I will also building the banksitck

I know that TK and Kogz23 works on a new "combined" PCB

I wanted to know this standalone MB808 seq have the same design as MB808 with the digitast switch and what is the difference between this MB808 seq and the MB9090 seq from jozef ?

On the original MB808 there is a pot swing (10KB) and accent (10K) where there are connecting ?

I assume with the MB9090 seq, you mean this one:

gallery_8996_152_12242.jpg

That one is based on LPC17 Core and is with custom app. TK is adjusting his (PIC) Core8 code to make this possible. The upside on that is that you will have supported code :wink: ATM I don't think there is more info available on the combined pcb TK and Kogz32 are working on.

Connecting Switches to DIN4

Connecting leds to DOUT4

Edited by Shuriken

As Shuriken said, wouldn´t it be possible to use pcbatterj/Jef/Synthage.com ´s 9090 MBSEQ V4 based sequencer board for the 808 voice boards, too? The design looks very nifty and it "only" needs to trigger the analog voices?

Edit: ok, there´s things like note accents, too - I think they are triggered via additional trigger channels...

You´ve gotta love the euclidean rhythm generator in the V4 SEQs, a great addon for any drum sequencer...

Many greets!

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

I assume with the MB9090 seq, you mean this one:

Yes is that, i m testing now the MB9090 of Jozef and i think that we can control other drum box with this.

The MB9090 app is based on MBSeq V4 and used midi port. I will try to see if the MB9090 works with my new yamaha RX5.

For the the switch and the led i have found some information in the setup_808_default.asm file

For exemple for the button and i m not shure that is the same

808_front_v1_0.png

i see also 27 button and not 33 :ermm:

SEQ_IO_TABLE_DIN

;; Function name SR# Pin#

;; NOTE: the pins of the 16 general purpose buttons are assigned above, search for DEFAULT_GP_DIN_SR_L (and _R)

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Scrub, 0, 0

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Metronome, 0, 0

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Stop, 5, 5

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Pause, 0, 0

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Play, 5, 3

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Rew, 5, 6

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Fwd, 5, 2

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Live, 5, 1

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_F1, 0, 0

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_F2, 0, 0

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_F3, 0, 0

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_F4, 0, 0

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Shift, 2, 5

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Alt, 2, 4

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_SectionA, 1, 0

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_SectionB, 1, 5

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_SectionC, 1, 3

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_SectionD, 1, 4

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_LayerGate, 2, 0

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_LayerAux, 2, 1

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Edit, 6, 4

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Mute, 5, 0

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Pattern, 6, 7

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Song, 6, 5

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Solo, 0, 0

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Fast, 0, 0

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_All, 0, 0

;; OPTIONAL! see CHANGELOG.txt

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Group1, 0, 0

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Group2, 0, 0

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Group3, 0, 0

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Group4, 0, 0

DIN_ENTRY_EOT

As Shuriken said, wouldn´t it be possible to use pcbatterj/Jef/Synthage.com ´s 9090 MBSEQ V4 based sequencer board for the 808 voice boards, too? The design looks very nifty and it "only" needs to trigger the analog voices?

Edit: ok, there´s things like note accents, too - I think they are triggered via additional trigger channels...

You´ve gotta love the euclidean rhythm generator in the V4 SEQs, a great addon for any drum sequencer...

Many greets!

Peter

I think the 9090 can only be controlled via midi.

Like Antix, i will be waiting for this one.

Edited by Shuriken

I think the 9090 can only be controlled via midi.

I should have done some research first :-) Thanks!

Just out of pure interest, would it not be possible to connect MBSEQV4 "Trig outs" to the individual "Trigger inputs" of the 9090 voice modules? E.g. like the trigger in of the bassdrum:

http://blogimages.bloggen.be/mb9090/attach/82304.pdf

But of course, you´re right, if it is already MIDI-equipped, this way uses less cables and allows to use it with other MIDI gear :)

Many greets,

Peter

Hey,

I builded the MB808 sequencer as a standalone midi drumsequencer. I didn't know how to connect the din/dout pins but came across a file from a forum member who did modify the code to use less shift registers. I used this file to find out the original pinout and made a pinout overview myself. I'll attach both files to this message. Maybe you can use them.

I'm also looking forward to the new 9090 drum sequencer, I hope there's a bulkorder for the PCB soon!

Cheers,

Roel

808 hardware config.pdf

MB808 drumseq pinout.pdf

Just to clarify: together with Al (aka. kogz23) I'm working in this one which will be PIC based: http://www.ucapps.de/tmp/mbdr_proto1.jpg

Actually a slightly enhanced MB808 firmware with support for velocity.

Al will run a batch order for PCB and frontpanel soon.

Jef (aka. pcbatterij) works on this one: http://midibox.org/forums/uploads/gallery_8996_152_12242.jpg

It's a modified MBSEQV4, he works independent from me on the firmware changes.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

There are headers for "raw" triggers and velocity/accent data on Trevor's 9090 boards as well. I don't know if Jozef's PCB uses MIDI, or if he talks directly to those headers. If he does you're in luck as the adaptation to 808 boards would be less work.

You are right

what I am trying to say is :

if you have the Trevor boards why dont use MIDI control ( as is implemented already ) and save a lot of work in wiring triggers with an external drumsequencer?

Edited by Antix

Well, there's the 1ms note on delay for a MIDI note on event if you're really picky about your timing :fear:

But no, it's not that important in most use cases. Unless you stack 8 or so drums on the same measure. You could hear some flam effect then.

Edit: The TK/Kogz23 begs for an OLED display if custom characters are defined as the normal HD44670 LCDs. It will be crisp looking :whistle:

Edited by jojjelito

if you have the Trevor boards why dont use MIDI control ( as is implemented already ) and save a lot of work in wiring triggers with an external drumsequencer?

There are a circuit triggers on the 9090 over J30 DATA and J31 CTRL (just only 10 wire) , i don't know how it's work but someone are using J30 DATA and J31 CTRL here for building the sequencer of his 9090 without used midi

MR9090

There are headers for "raw" triggers and velocity/accent data on Trevor's 9090 boards as well. I don't know if Jozef's PCB uses MIDI, or if he talks directly to those headers

I think it's J30 and J31?

Jozef only use midi. The MB9090 use only 8 74HC595, i m supposed that we can add some other 74HC595 via (DOUT) for triggering the 9090 boards via J30 and J31

Edited by zephyrin