niklasni1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

novski:

did you see this? http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_lcd_ssd1306_alt_port__stm32f4.pdf

...J5/J10B?

static u8 lcd_alt_pinning = 0; // alternative LCD pinning (e.g. for MIDIbox CV which accesses a CLCD at J15, and SSD1306 displays at J5/J28 (STM32F4: J5/J10B))

http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fmodules%2Fapp_lcd%2Funiversal%2Fapp_lcd.c&rev=1937

It is implemented: J10B is used instead of J28

Pinning:

J10B.D8: serial data (was J28.SDA on a MBHP_CORE_LPC17 module)

J10B.D9: serial clock (was J28.SC on a MBHP_CORE_LPC17 module)

J10B.D10: SR strobe (was J28.WS on a MBHP_CORE_LPC17 module)

Note that these assignments are not pin-compatible to a DOUT module anymore!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

There are diferences on the schematic of STM32F4Discovery! J10A/B show different labels then the arrows out of the Discovery uC pins.

J10A D0 => PE8 D0  - correct

J10A D1 => PE9 D2

J10A D2 => PE10 D1

J10A D3 => PE11 D4

J10A D4 => PE12 D3

seams like something swapped all odd to all even numbers on ether J10 or uC side...

Hope you didn't make a mistake with the new core pcb! I'm looking forward to get it...  :smile:

best regards

novski

Edited by novski

Yes, you are right, the connections are wrongly named at the Discovery side, they are correct at the J10A side. I can fix the schematic in ca. 2 weeks...

The PCB has the correct connections.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to get MIDI IN from a 5 pin DIN

Can I use a "standard" MIDI IN circuit, like the Core8 circuit, with 5V and connect it to PA3?

Or do I have to use the new MIDI I/O board?

Never mind

I just used the MIDI IN circuit from LPC 17, and it worked :)

Edited by eptheca

Hi,

I m trying for the first time to use mios on a stm32f4..01that I missed purchased thinking that would be compatible with the bootloader and the app.

Unfortunately it doesn't work as I expected and it seem the spec are different enough to create troubles.

At the same time I purchased a real discovery one with the right ref stm32f407: so far so good it works for now the way it should.

Could any one point me in the right Direction on how to update the sources to make the work with the mispurchased one?

Just to let you know I m building a tr 808clone coming from microlarge website... And I intend to control it the mios.

Thanks again

Hi,

many files have to be changed to support another STM32F4 derivative, especially when it's smaller (memory & package wise) than a STM32F407!

Even for me this would take a couple of hours (therefore I can't give you simple instructions for the required changes).

Most difficult topic is to decide the IO pin configuration for the reduced 64pin package. Many peripherals won't be available.

However, since you already own a STM32F407, it's probably better to skip this idea anyhow.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi,

thanks for your quick answer.

I'll stick on the original right reference with stm..407. It's sound definitely like the wise choice for now on, at least for me.

Having said that the second discovery I have is a STM32F401VC which seems to have the same number of pin as the 407 (don't know what it means but it is 100pin LQFP for both). I start again to hope that could it be done.

At least if it was possible, troubles would not come from this part. I wonder which files are specifically written for the 407 or the 401 for the bootloader to work and if it is only a question of few lines to be change or as you were suggesting something to complex to be updated?

Edited by IImyMent

The most simple strategy would be the following:

- download the repository into a separate directory and change your MIOS32_PATH accordingly

- change the PLL frequency configuration in mios32/STM32F4xx/mios32_sys.c, because STM32F401 can only be clocked at 84 MHz

I assume that the corresponding SFR configuration can be found somewhere in the internet

- compile a new bootloader under bootloader/src with "make STM32F4DISCOVERY"; this will refresh mios32/STM32F4xx/mios32_bsl_STM32F4DISCOVERY.inc

(this step requires a perl installation)

- recompile bootloader/updater and program it into the flash

If this already helps, let me know about the changes and I will consider MIOS32_PROCESSOR=STM32F401VC in the main branch, so that you can use a common repository again.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 month later...
Hey,

I got my STM32F4 core pcb from smash and almost finished it except the sd card socket. In are pictures of two different sockets. I think I found the 3M one at mouser (mouser-no. 517-SD-RSMT-2-MQ).

- does anyone know what brand the other one is?

- does anyone know where to get either one of those in germany (or europe) apart from mouser? their shipping cost is 20 euros…

- can I still connect a sd card socket via J16 if I don’t use the „internal“ one?

Cheers
Lars

Hey,

I got my STM32F4 core pcb from smash and almost finished it except the sd card socket. In are pictures of two different sockets. I think I found the 3M one at mouser (mouser-no. 517-SD-RSMT-2-MQ).

- does anyone know what brand the other one is?

I guess this is the through hole type SD connector for the smash pcb.