USB Host support for MBHP_CORE_STM32F4

TK.

• 2 months later...

Hello,
Dual USB works on dipCoreF4 ;)

Is it possible that in Host mode, the USB requests more processes in IDLE state than in RX state? Has anyone noticed that?
When I plug a PadKontrol and I do not touch it the screen is slowed down... but if I turn a knob or hit some pads continuously the screen refreshes normally.

I think this is related to the fact that the transmission is in BULK because with a keyboard or a mouse(HID class), which use the interrupts, no problem.

Someone?

Best regards
Bruno

Edited by Antichambre
  • Like 1

I found the problem, In fact it is the SSD1322 screen which is ultra greedy !! Not an USB issue.

Then Dual USB is working and supports MIDI and HID !

On 10/12/2015 at 10:04 PM, TK. said:

The MTT will translate USB 1.1 to 2.0, it won't solve the problem because the actual problem is the missing USB Hub support in the USB drivers provided by ST. Enhancing the code seems to be difficult, I haven't found a ready made (and open source) solution in the internet yet.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

About HUB support. Someone did it, it's in HAL not SPL, but it's maybe enough to find the right way and good inspiration ;) Anyway this proves that hardware is capable.
https://github.com/mori-br/STM32F4HUB
It would be nice to implement the HUB, to connect several devices but also because a USB extender is also seen as a HUB, a HUB with a single port but it is a HUB!

Best regards
Bruno

Edited by Antichambre

• 1 year later...
On 10/26/2016 at 2:29 PM, eptheca said:

Hi, when I connect my GM5 I can only see and use 4 MIDI IO's

USB1-4

How can I find and use the 5th?

I run 0.88

I've got the same thing happening, when I attach the GM5 I can adress the first 4 ports, not the 5th.

Looking at: https://github.com/midibox/mios32/blob/master/apps/sequencers/midibox_seq_v4/core/seq_midi_port.c

The enumeration goes until "USB4" at several places, the enumeration of the USB ports looks like a static definition. There is no "MIOS32_USB_MIDI_NUM" like for IIC it's MIOS32_IIC_MIDI_NUM. I guess it could be hacked to get more USB ports, but then also the flags-words (for mute seq_midi_port_multi_enable_flags etc.) will need to be adjusted and so on, like for the IIC ports. 

I have also got an 8 in/out interface from ESI that is recognized where I can use the first 4 ports, would be great to get access to 8... Then It would not be necessary to build more I/Os for the Midibox - and I can plug the Interface with all ports back to the computer without rerouting the MIDI Sockets. So run as a DAW and run same patch via Midibox plugging one cable only!