TK.

USB Host support for MBHP_CORE_STM32F4

80 posts in this topic

There's only one micro port on the DISCO board :). If you don't have a "special" USB OTG cable, connect pin PA10 to 0v (ground). 

On the wCore, this is accomplished with a USBA port and a dedicated switch to enable host/slave.

Posted (edited)

ok i get it thank you

and incoming data is going to midibox to port USB1?

thanks

Edited by k2z3k0

i'll be damned-it works!

perfekt

thank you very much

bests

Hello,
Dual USB works on dipCoreF4 ;)

Is it possible that in Host mode, the USB requests more processes in IDLE state than in RX state? Has anyone noticed that?
When I plug a PadKontrol and I do not touch it the screen is slowed down... but if I turn a knob or hit some pads continuously the screen refreshes normally.

I think this is related to the fact that the transmission is in BULK because with a keyboard or a mouse(HID class), which use the interrupts, no problem.

Someone?

Best regards
Bruno

Edited by Antichambre

I found the problem, In fact it is the SSD1322 screen which is ultra greedy !! Not an USB issue.

Then Dual USB is working and supports MIDI and HID !

On 10/12/2015 at 10:04 PM, TK. said:

The MTT will translate USB 1.1 to 2.0, it won't solve the problem because the actual problem is the missing USB Hub support in the USB drivers provided by ST. Enhancing the code seems to be difficult, I haven't found a ready made (and open source) solution in the internet yet.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

About HUB support. Someone did it, it's in HAL not SPL, but it's maybe enough to find the right way and good inspiration ;) Anyway this proves that hardware is capable.
https://github.com/mori-br/STM32F4HUB
It would be nice to implement the HUB, to connect several devices but also because a USB extender is also seen as a HUB, a HUB with a single port but it is a HUB!

Best regards
Bruno

Edited by Antichambre