Clock 2 Audio 2 Clock - midiclock stream to audio stream converter, midi tape (recording midiclock over audio)

Phatline

is it possible to convert a Midiclock-Stream to audio?

and convert this audio-recording back to midiclock?

so i could use one of the RECorder-channels for the midi (clock start stop notes and so on)

are there already devices out there? i can remember that 30 years ago such things as midi tape exist... or is it maybe a cheap trick that can be solved with an optocopler an opamp and a few lines of code?

its done

Clk2aClk-L12-switch-led.thumb.jpg.bef148

Clk2aClk-L12-rack-inside.thumb.jpg.5df01

Clk2aClk-L12-rack-back.thumb.jpg.636cc35

Clk2aClk-L12-rack-solution.thumb.jpg.5a3

5b08cb32bb579_gehuse-fertig.thumb.jpg.a4clk2a2clk-proto-shematic.thumb.jpg.5002d

VIDEO-Overdubbing a JP8080:

Edited by Phatline

Hello Phat

As a start it's a good idea to test what you say !

Just midi out to audio in (and connection back for playback), maybe with opamp buffer? to scale the 5Vdc, depending of your converter sensitivities, 5Vptp is about 7dBu.

I still record my juno60 preset to DAW audio track across real juno audio when saving a project. It work well.

In that case the data stream seem low speed, you can almost ear all bit transfer, 

also my converters are DC coupled which might help for such recording?

About code you will certainly slower the baud rate to have a definable data over your converter bit rate (44k1?)

(I just check, juno60 is 340baud...baud seem to be one bite)

Best

Zam

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Phat,

I am facing a problem with Zoom LiveTrak L-12. Maybe you may help me.

I have bought Zoom LiveTrak L-12 from Thomann online.

I have not used it actively. Just checked if it is working at home a few times and without SD card. It was working.

I bought SD card and I put it in. When I open the unit I saw just empty white light on pad screen on right.. The unit doesn't started up. It stucked like that.

And there was nothing. I pull out SD card and I tried to make the unit on. But it also didn't worked.

I have shocked. Not possible. Because this machine never used or carried somewhere, or dropped, hitted.

Than after a few times I test it to work with SD card and without. But nothing happened.

The unit is not working with or without SD card.

When I plugged and turn on what I see is just this recording Pad digital LED light is white. You may see from the photos.

When I turn of the unit it still shows these lights. No matter on or off. This is also strange.

I am sending photos of the unit situation with this post.

If you have any idea what it can be please help. Unit is not working now.

Thank You

IMG20191113182918.jpg

IMG20191113182932.jpg

On 17.11.2019 at 11:23 PM, uygroove said:

I am facing a problem with Zoom LiveTrak L-12. Maybe you may help me.

I have bought Zoom LiveTrak L-12 from Thomann online.

I have not used it actively. Just checked if it is working at home a few times and without SD card. It was working.

I bought SD card and I put it in. When I open the unit I saw just empty white light on pad screen on right.. The unit doesn't started up. It stucked like that.

And there was nothing. I pull out SD card and I tried to make the unit on. But it also didn't worked.

I have shocked. Not possible. Because this machine never used or carried somewhere, or dropped, hitted.

Than after a few times I test it to work with SD card and without. But nothing happened.

The unit is not working with or without SD card.

When I plugged and turn on what I see is just this recording Pad digital LED light is white. You may see from the photos.

When I turn of the unit it still shows these lights. No matter on or off. This is also strange.

I am sending photos of the unit situation with this post.

If you have any idea what it can be please help. Unit is not working now.

Thank You

Hi, uygroove

1. This is not a Tascam Support Forum! I just wrote a tool, to handle Midi-sync with any Analog or Digital Mixer that have not a Midi-Port.

2. You may turn that "Mode"-Switch from "Card-Reader" to any of the other Modes, and restart. (Helps?)

3. You may turn off Class Compliant Modes

4. You may put a new Firmware-Update-File on the Root of your SD-Card - Root (already extractet when downloadet as zip file, of course). And read the manual about firmwareupdate-process.

have a nice day.

• 1 year later...
  • Phatline changed the title to Clock 2 Audio 2 Clock - midiclock stream to audio stream converter, midi tape (recording midiclock over audio)