roberto

16 x SSD1306 GLCDs on STM32F4

4 posts in this topic

Hi

i want to extend my project with 16 GLCD's. i found several threads about it but i'm still unsure how to connect the additional CS lines.

the first 8 GLCD's work perfect connected to J15A... now i need to know how to connect the other 8 lines.

found this wiki where it's stated how to connect additional lines from a J28 named connector. but on a "normal" STM32F4 the J28 isn't available...

I read on an other thread that several lines are available on connector J10B. If I look at the schematic J10B is a normal GPIO against the J28 is a audio DAC.

Can I use the GPIO's directly as they are to make 8 additional CS lines? if yes, do I need 220 ohm resistors on it? do I need an other boot loader configuration as the one described here in the MBNG manual?

if no, how to use a SN74HC595N IC to generate additional lines? Where do i get the clocks (RCK and SCK, Pin 11/12 on 74HC595) and where comes the DISP SER IN (Pin 14 on 74HC595) from?

thanks for some enlightenment, roberto

41 minutes ago, roberto said:

found this wiki where it's stated how to connect additional lines from a J28 named connector. but on a "normal" STM32F4 the J28 isn't available...

I read on an other thread that several lines are available on connector J10B. If I look at the schematic J10B is a normal GPIO against the J28 is a audio DAC.

J10B is correct for STM32F4

Can I use the GPIO's directly as they are to make 8 additional CS lines?

Yes. I haven't done it myself, but the next 8 are there.

if yes, do I need 220 ohm resistors on it?

No.

do I need an other boot loader configuration as the one described here in the MBNG manual?

Should work with n=16. 8 From J15, 8 from J10B

if no, how to use a SN74HC595N IC to generate additional lines? Where do i get the clocks (RCK and SCK, Pin 11/12 on 74HC595) and where comes the DISP SER IN (Pin 14 on 74HC595) from?

For example:
http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=display_driver

I have PCBs if you need. It's possible to get 16 CS lines from the Core, my version is a bit neater.

oh, cool, many thanks latigid on, as always fast and competent answers! :happy:

i will try the J10B version, if ist not working then i go with SN74s. thanks for the display driver link, did't saw it ntill now...

other question: i do have the alientek OLED's, the dual color version (blue/yellow). now it's displaying in blue... how to change the color?

best roberto :grin:

nice! works... :grin:

:cheers: