latigid on

midiphy gates/clocks module

5 posts in this topic

large.5c62017741951_binaireoctal.jpg.fc5

Prototype of an 8x "DOUT" module. It is a simple build of two stacked PCBs called "binaire" and "octal". I reckon it can be done in an hour or less. In the SEQ v4+ context it can be configured as 

• 8 gates, in combination with 8 CVs (in the works)
  • 8 configurable clocks, or 7 clocks plus one start signal
  • 8 triggers. Up to 64 triggers can be generated with the SEQ!

Each output has an LED that illuminates with a positive gate. The modules are designed to be easily chainable, so decide how many are needed in your system. 4HP width. It would also work with other SEQ versions.

More info to come!

Edited by latigid on
1 person likes this

awesome! i was just about to mount an AOUT_NG to a eurorack panel... but if this is based on the same schematic as the AOUT_NG, i might save the components and wait with building for this more compact solution :-)

Thanks for the feedback!

Re: AOUT_NG: in the MIDIbox paradigm, CV/gate is split into AnalogueOUT and DigitalOUT modules. The assembly above is the DOUT side, which was previously available as a PCB build using a DOUTX4 module, but you needed to provide your own 3.5mm jacks. There have been various solutions over the years, like using Ken Stone breakout PCBs, also Altitude did a combination that had eight each of CVs/gates/clocks/triggers.

The AOUT side will be a different design to AOUT_NG. I had a previous incarnation in through hole, but this version is more compact and simplified. (The other one had CV range switches and fine-tune control, but was only four channels in I think 10HP.)

Here's a teaser of transmute8 fresh from OSHPark (thanks for the image Peter!), not tested and won't be for a little while. Hope you like 1206 resistors (or 0805 if you wish!)!

Best,
Andy

20190215_174133.thumb.jpg.13107ecfaa7cf6

Edited by latigid on

yes i like 1206, just received a set from the land in the middle. unfortunately some of the boxes had opened in transfer so at some point i have to put the crumb puzzle back together (unless i got lucky and the required values are in the properly closed boxes)...