listen202

MB-6582 panel check

7 posts in this topic

Working on a front panel on a MIDIbox MB-6582 and on the reference panel the modulation matrix is marked 1-8 but TK's docs list the env and LFO mods. Just wanted to make sure that this right before I get it made.

Screenshot_3.png

1 person likes this

I have confirmed that the matrix labeling is correct with another user. I might change a few things on the rear panel, not sure how much space I have to work in my ideas may design a separate break out box. Would like to have more I/O for the filter Input and a active mixer for all the channels. Maybe get buffers for the in and out? The feedback hack is cool so would like to keep it.

Here is the final panel that I am going to go with. I will post up the DXF and a gurber version when I make sure it all fits.

Screenshot_2.png

2 people like this

I really like the look of this panel.. looking forward to seeing the completed build.

Good luck

Just got it cut on my CNC and it looks like I got everything right. Still need to work on the I/O panel. I will get the DXF up as soon as I get it cleaned up. 

IMG_20200316_143915276.jpg

1 person likes this

You have your own CNC? Nice.

Ever consider selling frontpanel services?

-Darrell

1 person likes this

Yeah at some point I would like to offer front-panels for parts/PCBs, not so keen on making it into a biz.

Its actually kinda hard work and not something that I enjoy too much. Maybe when this whole covid-19 thing blows over I will give it a think on the best way to make it happen. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, listen202 said:

Yeah at some point I would like to offer front-panels for parts/PCBs, not so keen on making it into a biz.

Its actually kinda hard work and not something that I enjoy too much. Maybe when this whole covid-19 thing blows over I will give it a think on the best way to make it happen. 

Totally understood regarding the hard work... I really like what you've done though and I'd love to buy this panel set from you...

PM me if we can make that work.

Cheers,

-Darrell

Edited by dwestbury