Hello friends. I am Rolf and I would like to share my latest DIY project "Jeannie" with you. It is an 8 voices polyphonic synthesizer based on a Teensy 4.1 board.

I started doing it last summer. Now I have built an effects circuit for the synthesizer.

"Jeannie" DIY Synthesizer

20210217-010534.jpg

Effect circuit

20210216-171836.jpg

Video

The Fx menu in the synth is almost ready. The new one is still missing Display of the parameter values after a program change.

There are more videos on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXQSpP0qn5MXSkyDo6PZ4Cw

Greetings from germany. Rolf

Edited by rolfdegen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello and have a nice Sunday smile.png

There are a few changes in the circuit diagram. The DAC output (PT8211) on the Teensy Board has an active 32KHz LowPass filter. This reduces high-frequency interference signals at the input of the effect chip.

MCU-Jeannie.jpg

AMP-Jeannie.jpg

The OTA (IC5a / b) for the volume control of the effect signal (MIX) has now been moved to the output of the effect chip. This means that the noise floor at the synthesizer output is a little lower at low effect levels.

Fx-Jeannie.jpg

Greetings Rolf