JSynthLib V0.18 w/ MBSID V1.6 Editor

TK.

Hi Thorsten,

I'm not sure if this is covered anywhere on the midibox/ucapps site - but is there a section with links to tutorials/tips/how-to's/etc for writing applications?

I know this is mainly a hardware site, but for those of us with programming skills who (inspired by this great work) wish to create programs for interacting with their hardware, a list of resources for using MIDI/sound with Java (for its cross-platform abilities) might be a good idea.

What do you think?

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
Hey Meeshka, I have been working with Java a bit. I have been writing a jsynthlib editor for my korg MicroKorg, and I wrote a ROUGH midi step sequencer. If you want, you can email me to compare notes. Justin@Ahrens.Net

Justin

oooo a microKorg interface. :) Sounds awesome! Any chance I could have a look?

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

another question: or better a problem:

With my old jsynth I had no problems but with this baby-

When I click to edit a bank, ->the normal bank comes and under 1 second later a message comes: ERROR! no patch is selectet!  

OK I click ok (in the hope to mark some patch) under 1 second later the same message I cant do anything-yea ofcourse strg alt entf  ;D

Whats the problem: I have Installed: win98-2 and Java 2 runtime environment standart editon v1.3.1_11

Nobody really answered Jurbo's question about running JSynth....

I have the same problem.  According to the docs, there is a JsynthLib.jar file.   Where do you get that?  I have downloaded all of the stuff from the JSynthLib site but do not find a file by that name.  and (if i am reading the docs correctly) that is what gets called in the batch file.

is that jar file a part of JSynthLib, or is it located somewhere else on the web... sun... tucows....?  i've googled for it and it only appears on the JSynthLib faq .

have not built the mb-sid yet but do have about 5 c64,128,amiga's in the attic.

c ya

gb

Hi Yurbo and gbeth

I can only say what to do under wiiindoooows98-2

Do you have a actually version of Jaaava like: 1.4.2.05

No:  www.java.com download it! and install it!

Do you have downloadet Jsynt, of course yes!- take a look in the folder: and start (- click at) the run icon (a dos icon)

This programm print config loadet-and after this a window is opend

(you must wait a while when you have a "slower PC)

Yea here is Jsynth lib.

Go to config -> prefences -> midi -> take windows wire provider

Go to config - synth - click add device - seek midibox sid in the list -click it-  

Then select the midiports

Have you downloadet the example patch?

No - download at www.ucapps.de->mbhp projects--Midibox Sid-> under Sound patches: example patches

Yes- Then open it- (libery - open)

Now there is a new patch - click rigth mouse switch- -> edit

Now you have the screen with the controllers

and dont forget to press cc on your sid -

Thats all I can say up to now.

Hope that helps

If you download the JSynthLib from Thorsten's site (uCapps.de) , and double click on run.bat, you shouldn't have problems. There is no jar file. The batch file just does "java JSynthLib". The NoClassDefFoundError means that it isn't finding JSynthLib.class. It is in the same directory as the Run.bat right? You could also add "PATH=c:\whatever directory JSynthLib is in" to the top of the run.bat file.

Justin