MIDIbox of the Week (MIDIbox SID of d2k)

TK.

Guest Zzzz...

I really like the use of the casing of the C16...this is really neat....

Nice work....

Erik

BTW...D2K where did you get this nice big encoder cap?

Why with flourescent blue spraypaint of course......

Bloody HELL!! Deep in my mind I KNEW that it exists. Haven't found any in spraycan. Even transparent blue laquer I can only get in tiny cans intended for plastic models.

As Monty Python sang:

"Repeat: Finland, Finland, Finland.

The country where I quite want to be...

...Finland has it all."

Bye, Moebius

• 4 weeks later...

If you take a look on the data sheet of the 6581 you will see that on PIN 23 and pin 24 you can connect potentiometers. On the sid module these PIN'S[POTX/POTY] are left free.

I don't know exactly which parameter you  can change with that.

• 1 year later...

I like it, do you have a higher res front view of the panel so we can see what everything does and how they work?

Is the joystick reconfigurable, or always on cutoff/res?

On the knobs that have three functions below them (white, yellow, orange colors), how do you switch functions?  Is it a knob with button built in?

The three lights above one of the knobs, I think it's the osc lights, how do you change those?

So this is a c64 case painted black?

Where did you get the knobs?  Same as the big encoder knob?

hi;

Is the joystick reconfigurable, or always on cutoff/res?

this has been answered 3 posts up?! it's reconfigurable

On the knobs that have three functions below them (white, yellow, orange colors), how do you switch functions?  Is it a knob with button built in?

The three lights above one of the knobs, I think it's the osc lights, how do you change those?

these are normal functions of the control surface; read up on the MidiBoxSID pages. you could use encoders with switch for this but most people just put in a separate switch for these functions

The joystick can control any 2 params (tis just 2x 10k pots afterall) - atm I have it handlin cutoff/resonance....

so I was wondering is it user configurable, or do you have to hack the hardware again to configure it?

i.e. what's the mechanism to configure it....

I'm starting to suspect I should read elsewhere on the forums about using a joystick to get ideas, maybe it's a standard thing...  ;)

these are normal functions of the control surface; read up on the MidiBoxSID pages. you could use encoders with switch for this but most people just put in a separate switch for these functions

ok, i figured that.  but I wanted to know specifically about this synth's configuration.  how he has the buttons, in the knobs or separate?  I didn't see separate...

The pictures are tiny and grainy.  sorry :(