Applaud / Smite ?

Tanstaafl

Real quick (I'm on a mobile thingy):

Click applaud if you like what someone says,

Click smite if you disagree.

Do we get only so many 'Smites' and become persona non grata?

I don't think it's anything that sinister, think of it more of a way to agree or disagree with someone without having to explain yourself.  ;)

Even though it's more for fun than anything, someone with a high + karma level is in everyone's favor,  Someone with - k has unpopular ideas, ethics, or other posting behavior.

Best!

Smash

• 7 months later...
Click applaud if you like what someone says,

Click smite if you disagree.

Just curios:

1. Why don't I see any applaud or smite items that I could click? Nor with Safari, Firefox or IE... there is nothing to click ???

2. I'd really like to know why I got these ratings...

I mean, perhaps I said something wrong, but if noone (incl. me) knows  what was wrong, this feature is quite useless, isn't it?

(I feel it's rather frustrating than motivating...)

Am I missing something  ???

Hi,

you can applaud/smite once you've written a certain number of postings, this is some kind of protection to ensure, that somebody doesn't create new accounts just to cheat the score.

I also don't see any reason why somebody gave you a smite!

If the appr. guy reads this posting, please give us a statement (even if it was just a click on the wron button) - if there is no reply until next week, I will reset the smite counter.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

puhh  :D

Don't take it too seriously, Someone must have confused the brake pedal with the gas.... ;)

Here's a +1 for testing Studio on the mac......

Or maybe someone completely got the wrong idea and is "smitten" with your avatar?  ;D

</joking>

I know I know, shut up and get back to the kit mill.....  ;)

Best

SmashTV

Thank you all for cheering me up  :-*

Won't take it so seriously anymore!

(Just couldn't stop thinking about, because as an bloody autodidact in all excercises I never know if I'm missing sth very basic...)

Or maybe someone completely got the wrong idea and is "smitten" with your avatar?

;D

Best regards,

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
I also don't see any reason why somebody gave you a smite!

If the appr. guy reads this posting, please give us a statement (even if it was just a click on the wron button) - if there is no reply until next week, I will reset the smite counter.

Since nobody stepped up and answered about the error, I fixed audiocommander's K this morning.  ;)

I'll defer any other K changes to TK and the boys, since I don't trust babelfish to tell me if what sonicwarrior said in German deserves K changes, good or bad. 

I am a product of US public education in the 80's, so naturally I only speak one language (and even that could be debated!), therefore almost all written German looks like cussing to me unless it has a smiley at the end of the sentence....  ;D

You know you got scrogged1 in school when a lot of the people who apologize for their English have better grammar skills with their second or third language than you do with your only language.  ;)

Best

Smash

1Scrogg Pronunciation (skraw-g)

v. scrogged, scrogg-ing

v.tr.

1. Slang:

To take advantage of; cheat: "I got scrogged."

2. Vulgar Slang:

To have sexual intercourse with.

3. See also:Centsible

Are u sure you speak english  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

;D ;D ;D ;D

;) hehe

I almost forgot that I do speak some Engrish does that count? :)

Nothing racist intended in any way, its just -really- funny to me sometimes the translation errors that happen.....As a game tech in the golden age of coin operated arcade games, there were some really crazy ones in the tech documentation.  I had to ask an old guru friend of mine what "pain boo" meant on a Chinese harness schematic, he said, "plain blue wire, with no stripe"..... ;D

And to be fair I could have been taking (sleeping through?) French or Spanish class instead of coding in the computer lab or building the "ringer" science fair projects to win the district budget money for hours a day....  ;)

;D

Uh, enklish? German?

But hey, this is a great place to Smite the Mighty Smashy.. He hasn't gone thru his stash and found those "noise makers", he very well knows I what I want and need.. damn You! ;D

So, waitin' 'till timeout - million smites to Ya Smash!  ;D

Samppa

/edit p.s. Million smites to You gbeth.. I've heard some rumours about You having those chips..

DOHHH!

Sorry bud, thought I had gotten back to you on this months ago.  I looked high and low for those, finally found what I thought was the TI chip; turned out to be a 'AY-XXX something or other'  still a sound chip but not analog like the TI was.  It's a pcm device that I got at RadioShack back in the late 70's.  Quite a bit different from the TI.  I know I have the TI chips (because I remember playing with it 20 years ago) but as of yet, have not dug deep enough into my pile.  I have a whole garage full of old junk aquired over the last 35 years or so ... robotics, music, computers, tv typewriter, lasers... etc....

One of my new years resolutions is to CLEAN OUT MY DANG GARAGE!!!!! so don't give up yet. :-\

will keep you posted

gb

DOHHH!

Sorry bud, thought I had gotten back to you on this months ago.  I looked high and low for those, finally found what I thought was the TI chip; turned out to be a 'AY-XXX something or other'  still a sound chip but not analog like the TI was.  It's a pcm device that I got at RadioShack back in the late 70's.  Quite a bit different from the TI.  I know I have the TI chips (because I remember playing with it 20 years ago) but as of yet, have not dug deep enough into my pile.  I have a whole garage full of old junk aquired over the last 35 years or so ... robotics, music, computers, tv typewriter, lasers... etc.

Ah, no problem - Both of You. I think Smash has just the same problem: It's there, somewhere.. ;D

I'm have a sort of good situation as I have pretty small storage space - I just have to do tough choices of what to keep, what to dissasemble to parts and what to throw away :D

I think I've got a source for the part, but once again money transfers will be a problem or at least something that must be sorted out.

One of my new years resolutions is to CLEAN OUT MY DANG GARAGE!!!!! so don't give up yet. :-\

Hehee ;) This one will bite ya in da ass..  ;) sorry. Ok, you'll find some treasures and stuff you even didn't remember having. And throw away old junk <- that's the hard part. More than once, I've been sure I've got just what I need.. and in the middle of going thru piles of junk I realize, "Yeah, it went to trash because I thought I'd NEVER really need it"..

M