Midibox64 Project Started!!

selfservice

Hi, my name is Stefano from Italy, I'm a dj and i'm now using Traktor dj studio, 2 Gemini xl500 turntables and a Behringer DJX700 mixer.

the main trouble I'm experiencing when mixing a Traktor mp3 and a vinyl is the tempo and pitch syncing because the keyboard that don't offer too much sensitivity like turntables pitch fader.

So I've decided to start building a Midibox64, Traktor dj studio consolle like.

This is a preliminary design of the panel, I have some indecision about the bottom part of the consolle but i think probabily it's definitive:

%7Boption%7D

what do you think about this? who have some modifications to this design to improve funcionality before i start building the panel?

thank you everybody for the fantastic projects (I'm planning to build a OPL3 synt) and for the support  !!

• 4 weeks later...

yes, I've draw he panel with a cad, printed in 1:1 scale on many sheets (like an A3 made of many  A4 sheets), and glued on the panel.

so i have made the holes and cutted the alluminium with a special aluminium cutting tool on my dremel, it's like cutting butter.

but some adjustment with an abrasive tool ( i don't know the name in english, in italian is "lima" ) was needed. you can see some pushbutton square holes before and after the cure.

that's all, it wasn't difficult, and the result is good.  :D

I've asked for laser cutting but it was about 100€  :o :o

I'm thinking my english is very bad...

There is the tool used for cuttin the panel, at 33000 rpm is a bomb with the Al, better than working on wood.

p10100037qp.th.jpg

now is time for electronics:

This is the power supply, it was mounted on a lan switch

p10100043jr.th.jpg

This is all the electronics, but i need to build another two DIN and DOUT modules.

p10100053wc.th.jpg

this i the faders I used, I have about 120 pices, I fortunately can't use all of this so if you need some pots I can sell :

p10100063vo.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...