TB-303 seq?

Jaicen

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly - do you mean, that it would be enough if the inbuilt 303 style sequencer of MBSID could be clocked via MIDI?

This option is already avalable... Sync24 is not possible.

Or do you refer to another part of this thread?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

That's correct, but from my understanding, operating the MBSID in TB mode doesn't allow patterns to be chained.

Basically I want a sequencer that has pattern play, song play, 8 patterns in 8 or more banks (ie, 64 patterns or more) and can be programmed in step time using 12 note keys, accent, slide and note length, just like a real 303.

My thinking is that the LCD menu can be used to scroll through song's and patterns, and to store SID settings, but as I said before i'd probably just keep it in 303 mode and have the 5 knobs as a CS. I think the ability to recall other SID patches would make things a bit more versatile.

Having said that, if it were possible to make a 303 workalike (ie, minus the patches) with analogue pots, that would be almost as good in my eyes!

I wish that link you provided was in english, i'd be very interested in building a 303 clone to go with my upcoming 808/909 clone, but i'm sure the MBSID can be as good if not better for my needs.

The reason why I gave you the link is, that the ML303 is a superior TB303 clone (although it's DIY, even professional musicans own it) which includes a sequencer which can alternatively send MIDI events. This means: you are able to build a 100% look-and-feel 303 sequencer + some additional features, which should be easily connectable to MBSID.

The analog board can be omitted... and the digital part gets use of a PIC18F452, which shouldn't be new to you.

I just feel that this is exactly for what you are searching for (so long the MBSID V2 breakout box is not available - I guess that this can still take one year) --- yes, the forum is in german, but there is an english section where you could ask for details. Sorry, I cannot give you much more infos, I never built this one, but I know the designer.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

GOddamn, that's EXACTLY what I want!!!

Is it a homebrew project?? Where can I get it?!

I must have that sequencer! I've decided I do actually NEED a 303 now, the SID is good, but it's not quite there for me (Not that i'm abandoning it, with this seq, I can use both! ;D ).

I'm assuming that there would be interest in a TB-303 'module' to use with the MB CV?? :)

This is only a 303 sequencer and it is still in development.

The community is very tight and the 303 clones are not being released anymore. Please do not ask them about it. It pisses them off  ;D.

There is a groupbuy for the 303 sequencer pcb but they will not release the source and no gerbers i think. Release date unknown. When they are ready i can buy a few extra for some people here since it is hard to join the acidcode community.

If you want a 303 clone go to the ladyada website.

Hmm, that's a strange one. I thought the internet was a means of sharing information and helping other people, not for showing off your goodies and excluding others!

I don't actually want to buy a clone of the voice board, i can do that myself. Shit, a trained monkey could lay out a PCB for that little thing! I don't see what they're being precious about, look at all that TK has done freely. I'm pretty confident that if he set his mind to it, TK could make up a TB Seq using the MBHP without breaking a sweat, and it would require half as many components! Unfortunately he's not that way inclined, but i'm not complaining considering all that he has provided for us.

Hmm..

I think Twin-x meant more that this community has very close bonds, but in "don't go ask them for any re-runs of the PCBs", way.

[offend on]

No wonder, really: See how many midi controllable 303 clones there are! Now those clueless, talentless infantiles want the "original" sequencer to prove, "My traxx suck, but 'cause I didn't have right the sequencer".. it doesn't turn 'em to Phuture or Hartfloor.  ;D

[offend off]

sorry.

ML303, acidcode, the link TK posted = the very same thing. You might even find nick called "acidcode" from this MB forum and I had a warm welcome from him to sign-in to his forums.

The code for V3, V4 and V5 is available and also schematics for V5 too.

By the way, 303 voice board PCB layouts are out there somewhere - in the internet and not even done by a trained monkey.

Moebius

p.s. Thorsten is being too modest here: ML303 uses his old bootloader code, permission asked - permission granted, TK acknowledged in the documents.

OK, you've lost me there!

What's the deal with the V4, V5 etc?? Versions of what? The seq??

And what's this about the ML303? Is it an off-shoot child of MIOS? That would be interesting.

Also, you say the PCB for the 303 is available, do you have a link?? (PM?) It would certainly save me re-inventing the wheel so to speak!

OK, you've lost me there!

What's the deal with the V4, V5 etc?? Versions of what? The seq??

These are the versions of the ML303 diy 303 clone by acidcode.de, I'm lost here too, probably revisions on the digital board. It's not available anymore, but the *********** leads to the forums.. please, don't go n00bing there - as Twin-x said.

And what's this about the ML303? Is it an off-shoot child of MIOS? That would be interesting.

No. It uses MIOS bootstrap loader to upload firmware to the ML303

Also, you say the PCB for the 303 is available, do you have a link?? (PM?) It would certainly save me re-inventing the wheel so to speak!

Hmm.. not having the link handy  ;D

Moebius

I assure you, i'm not one for noobin as a rule (though it has happened on the odd occasion).

I tend to lurk for a while before diving in. That said, the only link I got on acidcode.de took me to the x0xb0x forum..

Those ML's look absolutely brilliant, and whilst i'm not sold on the buttons they use, I like that they have kept the look, while updating it a bit. Sort of like the new MINI or the Beetle.

I've actually started work tonight on my own clone of the TB, based on the rough dimensions of the original to try and at least keep the look. I think I have a source for manufacturing cases like the original also which would be excellent, but let's not get ahead of ourselves!

I'd like to propose that for anyone that succeeds in supplying me with a working 303 seqencer, i'll in turn give them a working 303 clone, how's that for ambition?!

I assure you, i'm not one for noobin as a rule (though it has happened on the odd occasion).

I tend to lurk for a while before diving in. That said, the only link I got on acidcode.de took me to the x0xb0x forum..

Those ML's look absolutely brilliant, and whilst i'm not sold on the buttons they use, I like that they have kept the look, while updating it a bit. Sort of like the new MINI or the Beetle.

I've actually started work tonight on my own clone of the TB, based on the rough dimensions of the original to try and at least keep the look. I think I have a source for manufacturing cases like the original also which would be excellent, but let's not get ahead of ourselves!

I'd like to propose that for anyone that succeeds in supplying me with a working 303 seqencer, i'll in turn give them a working 303 clone, how's that for ambition?!

Jaicen,

I can order an extra pcb for the 303 sequencer. And send it to you when released.

But i cannot promise you that it will ever will be launced. As said earlier it is in a test/design fase. uncertian when it will be released.

Regards,

Jeffry

Yeah that'd be great thanks!

I'm assuming that the Seq is based on a PIC of some description?

Any idea of the projected cost?

Yeah it is based on a pic 842 just like we use here.

I have no idea what it is gonna cost. You can buy the pcb with pic and if you liek join the groupbuy's case/lcd screen buttons etc. Lettme know if you go for every groupbuy or pcb only.

When they get that far i will let you know the prices.

Thanks Twin-X, i'm definitely interested in a group buy, for the components definitely and maybe for the case, on that i'd have to see what it looks like first. Ideally i'd want to integrate the 303 board in the same case, but that looks like it may not be possible.

Either way, count me in!! Where do I 'lurk' for information on this thing??