somebody interested in x0xb0x PCB`s (BATCH CLOSED)

Sasha

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ganchan, I know that you where talking about the tact switches, I have just added my opinion on the toggle switch for the waveform, I am searching right now for a replacement for it or a cover, maybe a soft rubber, one that is used on Dj mixers.

ops sorry! i've do a mistake, pardon me. my english it's not good so i always think that people don't understand me so much  ;)

yes i'm crazy:

link updated to post #290

at digikey for 1 x0x all parts are €88. just left 2 dual pots, stereo jacks, socket.

at mouser for 2 x0x all parts are $97 (€63). just left digikey only parts and some minor stuff.

the digikey only parts are €37.66.

the toggle switch, tantalum & cercamic capacitors are present in digikey and mouser both, in ladyada site are just specific.

from the ladyada forum:

"1% resistors are less noisey and less prone to drift so if you want the original noisey and out of tune characteristics of the 303 you should get the 5% but i cant imagine why youd want that."

"yes you'll be alright. If you want a true 100% clone then you'de have to go with the 5% carbon - at least in the analog voice circuits (vco/vcf/vca etc..). Probably the difference in tolerance is the biggest thing. You'll be absolutely fine with the 1% metal film."

yes i'm crazy:

http://www.inventati.org/ganchan/tmp/x0xDigikeyBOM.xls

http://www.inventati.org/ganchan/tmp/x0xDigikeyBOM.ods

at digikey for 1 x0x all parts are €88. just left 2 dual pots, stereo jacks, socket.

at mouser for 2 x0x all parts are $97 (€63). just left digikey only parts and some minor stuff.

the digikey only parts are €37.66.

the toggle switch, tantalum & cercamic capacitors are present in digikey and mouser both, in ladyada site are just specific.

Please can somebody do me a big favour? I don't have excell at home and my work firewall doesn't like me downloading excell files. Any chance that somebody could rename the spreadsheet in to a *****.TXT file and post the link so that I can download it.

G

That's a lot better, thanks Sasha. It took me a while to work out what was going on before. The firewall was leaving the document as it was, with an xls extension, but replacing the content of the document with the code for our "you cannot view this page" firewall warning so it was looking very strange indeed.

G

ops sorry, haven't read this last post! i will up a .zip ok? do you use win or mac or linux?

http://www.inventati.org/ganchan/tmp/digikeyBOM.tar.gz

inside there are, ODS XLS HTML PDF of the BOM.

updated n°4 1% resistors like ladyada BOM list suggest and final price too.

i would advise against buy all parts on digikey, they are too expensive compared to mouser.

here some replacement for out of stock parts on digikey:

original:

Panasonic Part #EVU-F2LFL3B54 Digikey Part #P3K1503-ND out of stock.

replacement: (probably)

Panasonic Part #EVU-F3LFL3B54 Digikey Part #P3I9503-ND with midpoint detent.

Panasonic Part #EVU-F2MFL3B54 Digikey Part #P3G7503-ND metal bush

Panasonic Part #EVU-F3MFL3B54 Digikey Part #P3E5503-ND metal bush mid det

original:

Panasonic Part #EVU-F2LFL3D54 Digikey Part #P3L2503-ND out of stock.

Panasonic Part #EVU-F3LFL3D54 Digikey Part #P3J0503-ND (not RoHS) with midpoint detent.

Panasonic Part #EVU-F2MFL3D54 Digikey Part #P3H8503-ND metal bush

Panasonic Part #EVU-F3MFL3D54 Digikey Part #P3F6503-ND metal bush mid det

http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/components/pdf/aok0000ce4.pdf

can be the detent removed?

Yeah ok, my solution for running the button/led-signals to separate boards..

02_kbd_cables_mainboard_small.jpg

..And a mating connector for the separate boards of course, this way the combo will be detachable and hopefully a bit more serviceable. A 50-pin connector would've been ideal, but then again I have several hundred unused 34-pin floppy cables lying around so why not get rid of at least a few ;).

Buttons will be sth like this http://www.eao.com/global/en/products/series/series_92.asp, but with a clear lens. The button texts I can just print it on a A4 ohp slide and cut them out to proper size from that.

who do you translate "I've used the same part but with the metal bushing and it works fine - the bushing clears the panel. "?

i'm not sure about clears the panel. it seems that the metal bush fit exactly with the bottom of the panel touching it?  ???

You should tell us what part it is about but I as I guess it is about 2 types of potentiometers or some kind of switch, one with bushing (bigger diameter) and one without it (smaller diameter) so while putting the pot with bushing, it makes it`s way trough the smaller hole by clearing (making hole bigger with bushing thread).

original:

Panasonic Part #EVU-F2LFL3B54 Digikey Part #P3K1503-ND out of stock.

Panasonic Part #EVU-F3LFL3B54 Digikey Part #P3I9503-ND with midpoint detent.

Panasonic Part #EVU-F2MFL3B54 Digikey Part #P3G7503-ND metal bush

Panasonic Part #EVU-F3MFL3B54 Digikey Part #P3E5503-ND metal bush mid det

original:

Panasonic Part #EVU-F2LFL3D54 Digikey Part #P3L2503-ND out of stock.

Panasonic Part #EVU-F3LFL3D54 Digikey Part #P3J0503-ND (not RoHS) with midpoint detent.

Panasonic Part #EVU-F2MFL3D54 Digikey Part #P3H8503-ND metal bush

Panasonic Part #EVU-F3MFL3D54 Digikey Part #P3F6503-ND metal bush mid det

Sasha,

Ganchan meant those bushing considerations.

It took me some time but I'm back.

I have received the Sifan knobs samples, bullet type/

They look and feel great  ;D smaller then expected - better

Sorry for the low quality photos, don't have money right now for a decent camera.

Two types - D type (fits the knobs for the x0xb0x)

- splint type

Both fits 11mm long / 6mm diameter shafts.

What do you say, shall we order some ?

Asaf

0_thumb.jpg

1_thumb.jpg

2_thumb.jpg

2256_0_jpgcdc679bebbe282e170ab6fe0dca844

2258_1_jpgf3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c488

2260_2_jpg156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f297

Have you received samples of other colours too? It is hard to tell from the picture the real tone of that red color. I`m asking because Prof sent me the samples of all Re`an colours but all except yellow and blue looked pretty much ugly like they used some cheap low quality pigment for it. Red wasn`t usual red as we know it from other gear, orange wasn`t orange... White and gray of course looks as expected. So, I`m interested how are those coloured Sifams.

Regardless of pointer colours I`m in for white or gray bullets for x0x and pretty sure local builders would like to have them too, so at least 10 sets here. I think we should make wiki page so each of us can add his name and quantity of D shaft and splined type. Also, we should check with Prof if he is still willing to organize bulk within UK and include it with the rest of bulks he is running for us. But before that we need to know are we only 2 that like these knobs or there are others  ;)

Thank you for posting those pix ;)

Liking the red ones! Just wondering if it would be too much red to have them mixed with a red panel, and red underlit buttons.... I do like red though!

I love red, all red for me, would not mind red panel red pointers maybe just white engraving so I could see where to turn the knob, naa red text too.

Sasha, I have received only two type of those, the one they had in stock.

As I said before I'm sorry for the low image quality, the red Is As red As it could be, very nice, full intense red.

still I know that most people would like to have the normal white on black so it could fit almost everything.

Wiki page sounds the best for quantity control  ;D

I really have to go out right now but could do it later tonight unless anybody else would do it by then.

Best Regards,

Asaf