somebody interested in x0xb0x PCB`s (BATCH CLOSED)

Sasha

What about installing the USB chip dead bug style

That is what i thought of too and I think it could be done without much effort, but I cannot expect from all of you to accept that because PCB company didn`t done the job right. I expected they will tell me not to ship the PCBs back to them. That way, I would do it but since they want it back... nothing.

did they say how long it will last ?

Didn`t say even I asked it. But I`ll as again.

Didnt they at least offer you some free boards ?

No, hey didn`t but they said they are sorry.  :-\

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont have intention to spoil your business Doug, but when I read the noumbers for 808 cases I was more than surprised how high it is. I don`t know was it you offering it, so please don`t feel I have anything about you... just it crossed my mind. I believe I can make good deal locally and save some bux shipping it along with PCB. Anyway, it would be the best if you offer your case and prices and I will see what can I do here so people could chose what they like best or what they can afford. What do you think? What is the status of your casing? I saw some fat wooden sides xox case long time ago, but I think it was just photoshopped pic, not prototype, but I might be wrong.

I dont have intention to spoil your business Doug, but when I read the noumbers for 808 cases I was more than surprised how high it is.
Not sure I follow you there?  I assume you're talking about the cost?  I'm charging less for MIDIbox cases than I do for other projects.  I can save you a lot of money if I make it from MDF instead of hardwood...  :D

I believe I can make good deal locally and save some bux shipping it along with PCB.
Sure, local to a country/continent is usually cheaper...

What is the status of your casing?
I've milled the wood and have cut slots for the panels.  Next will be assembly...  (Of course, I have a lot of projects going at the same time, so it will be some time before I get back to it.)  :-[

Doug

Not sure I follow you there?  I assume you're talking about the cost?

Yes, I`m talking about money. ;) I see people charging fortune for panels or cases. I am trying to make an offer for inexpensive but good looking case, and as machining in Serbia is cheaper than in western countries it is plausible. As I dont have intention to hunt a good, reliable carpenter (i don`t know any) >:(  We can maybe try to coordinate our works so people can use panel I make locally with the rest you make. What materials you can cut/offer?

I'm charging less for MIDIbox cases than I do for other projects.

It is good to know

I can save you a lot of money if I make it from MDF instead of hardwood...  :D

Well, I don`t believe somebody who wants wooden sides would like to have it made out of MDF. I think aluminum or steal is preferable compared to MDF, and it can cost the same to make.

Sasha,

Thats good to hear, if I could I would have send you some cold ones  ;D

About the orders from mouser and digikey, you should check futurlec as well,

At least for all the passive components and they have some of the ic's and voltage regulators for

a much cheaper prices and this could be ordered separately as their shipping cost are low as well.

All the parts that needs exact fitting (encoders, pots...) should be ordered from mouser / digikey.

Best regards,

Asaf

Cheers  ;D

Nice%20Beer%20Koozie.jpg

Oooo, her beer must be hot too.. :P

About the orders from mouser and digikey, you should check futurlec as well,

At least for all the passive components and they have some of the ic's and voltage regulators for

a much cheaper prices and this could be ordered separately as their shipping cost are low as well.

I bought all the parts locally. It is cheap, no point paying shipping, import customs taxes VATs and shit for that. Absurd is that harder to get is tha parts that are still in production and thay are stocked by Mouser and Digykey. But, as Ganchan and Prof offered help with ordering these I don`t think we have serious problem. I believe there is more US based people that are willing to help us getting these.

Yes, I`m talking about money. ;) I see people charging fortune for panels or cases. I am trying to make an offer for inexpensive but good looking case, and as machining in Serbia is cheaper than in western countries it is plausible. As I dont have intention to hunt a good, reliable carpenter (i don`t know any) >:(  We can maybe try to coordinate our works so people can use panel I make locally with the rest you make. What materials you can cut/offer?

Yes, that is one cost disadvantage of us here in the States - in general we pay our people more money for work...  (It also costs more to live here I think.)  I'm not offended if nobody wants anything from me - I'm not forcing anyone - I am just offering an alternative...

I work with any kind of wood - I buy a lot of it from a store here in Tucson called Wood Workers Source.  You can see the kinds of wood they have at http://www.woodworkerssource.net

Doug

Yes, that is one cost disadvantage of us here in the States - in general we pay our people more money for work...  (It also costs more to live here I think.)

This is not true! Living in US is much cheaper than here in Serbia. Food is cheaper, no need to mention dirty cheap gasoline.

I'm not offended if nobody wants anything from me - I'm not forcing anyone - I am just offering an alternative...

Sure. You are welcome to offer anything you do here. It would be great if x0x builders can chose from few alternative cases. So, please make an offer.

I work with any kind of wood - I buy a lot of it from a store here in Tucson called Wood Workers

Source.  You can see the kinds of wood they have at http://www.woodworkerssource.net

Ill check it. I have hard time finding good mahagony for my sinth, and when I found it carpenter totally fucked it up by cutting it few shorter.  >:( He is really lucky he is alive.

Ganchan, I get one more PCB. So, you can have it.  ;)

;D

i'll PM you!

well, now we must organize the order for the parts. i've see that you had just buy from your local! take all parts and ship to us! :P (jokin')

i'll take a look to the x0x parts thread.

for all 'non rare parts' if we want to organize a bulk we will use this thread? or we can use the rare one? or..

for order from USA, i think that a big order to EU, to split to many users after, it's good if splitting customers tax and incoming country tax it's less than an ordinary order, but this is obivius.

taxes in my country are 20%, a little high, but i've pay only for very high value, over 450€ from USA. as i had say, if some one in the US want to take this job and split the orders, OR, if some one in EU have very low taxes and would split big order from USA, i think will be cool.