somebody interested in x0xb0x PCB`s (BATCH CLOSED)

Sasha

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have some bad news for you which will coses more delay.

After closely inspecting the boards I`ve discovered that top layer and bottom are swapped! It might not be a problem for main board as there no SMD components on it, but for IO board it is serious problem because of USB chip. I took the PCB pictures and made comparison to the gerber Viewmate screenshots and send it all to PCB company. I got reply this morning and they asked me to ship back the PCBs with some kind of statement. I`ll do it today and will send it express mail tomorrow. Sorry for that. But I feel kinda relieved now as I was afraid will they accept to make new ones because the gerber layer files extension isn`t standardized. Mine, generated by Eagle have layer extension .cmp (component side) and .sol (solderside) but acording to what I found on internet other CAD programs might have different extensions. However, the mistake is their as they swapped the film, and put the ink side of film other way around instead ink side against the copper. As this is Serbia, a land of thieves I was scared I`ll be fucked up for money and they will leave me with the bad PCBs. Nothing new, here.

Beside that, PCBs looks well done. The material used for PCB is pretty thick, which is +

I`ll inform you when can we expect the PCBs, again.

Bah!

Do any of these companies every get their fabrication right? After the MB-6582 front panal fiasco I wouldn't have expected something like this to happen within the same community.... These kind of problems must happen quite regularly to crop up 3 times (twice with the front panal) within the same community. I expect that this company does orders batches of 1000's of boards for some companies so you'd thinkt hey would learn to get things right the first time.

Thanks for your time and effort with this Sasha, hopefully they'll get them right this time and we can get them delievered within the month.

G

It happened to me few times that I reverse the film on selfetched, single sided PCB when no text on it because of the lack f concentration but these guys are doing that for living 8 hours a day, every day in big series so these kind of things shouldn`t happened. I remember the panel company bend the edges on case for my Endorphin synth opposite way even I sent them proper technical drawing. For same synth carpenter cut (hardly find) Mahagony side panel 5mm shorter even I draw the cutting line on it and mark the piece that I don`t need and piece I need. Seams it is never enough guides, illustrations and "pay attentions" It is strange that so meny professionals really don`t deserve to work their job. I have many bad examples and alot of other people from community too. It is not the bad karma of our community and it is not strange that is happening pretty much often here. We are pretty much active and our projects need the service of all sort of "professionals". I can feel peaceful only if I can do the job myself. Waiting for the panel, PCB, wooden cheeks or whatever is never fun to me. I am always scared something is not done right. And very often I`m right. I am always willing to pay some extra money for precise and quality work. But when I asked them to pay attention, that this will be fine piece of unique work they always say something like... NO PROBLEM, we are doing that for ages, don you worry...

The problem is I cannot buy all the tools, especially machines needed to make everything DIY way, you always need some kind of external services. Sometimes I think it was much easier earlier when I used to file the fader slots for weeks till they all look perfect. Slow job but I was sure they will be right, it just cost ALOT of time.

I have some bad news for you which will coses more delay.

Well that sucks.. Then again, this leaves me more time to figure out some kind of a casing ;). Good that the plant will replace the boards. In my books this would be rather self-evident anyway given that they made the mistake.

It might not be a problem for main board as there no SMD components on it, but for IO board it is serious problem because of USB chip.

What about installing the USB chip dead bug style :D .. Not that I want to try this myself since I have only one chip ;)

Do any of these companies every get their fabrication right?

Unfortunately accidents do happen from time to time, after all it's just humans running the manufacturing/machinery.