It's all about the Psy!

Goblinz

I love Psy-trance (similar to Goa). I've been to a few Gernan Psy-trance festivals and the European Psy i so much better than what we hear in the clubs in the UK. It seems more organic with a lot wetter sounds, more suited to being played outside on huge rigs. The stuff i'm really into at the moment is infected mushroom, Bliss, Electric universe, Painkiller, Rastaliens and anything that's just that little bit more pounding than the rest. Can anybody reccomend and other other decent psy-tance acts/albums that are any good.

G

Not sure how far forward or backward in time you've listened, but here are some of the artists I've collected over the years.

Eskimo

Talamasca

Growling Mad Scientists

1200 Micrograms

Hallucinogen

Prana

Man with No Name

Astral Projections

Alien Project

Astrix

TIP Records / TIP World

Flying Rhino Records

Twisted Records

Goa Gil

Ceiba

Kode IV

Logic Bomb

Noosphere

O.O.O.D.

Oforia

Protoculture

Psysex

Quadra

S-Range

Spacetribe

Sunkings

Tristan

Vibrashere

Wizzy Noise

hmm did I miss anyone?

Here some hints from my Sets....

Dark-Side :

Penta

Highko

Cosmo

Gregh on Earth

Seroxat

Fungus Funk

Pitch Hikers

N3xus

Terminator

Parasense

Ocelot

Darkpsy

Naked Tourist

Paranoize

Psyfactor

......and so on

For the Magic Morning :

Synsun

Black & White

Life Extension

Intersys

Bamboo forest

Fatali

Bionic Empire

Exaile

Protoculture

Tikal

U-Recken

Enjoy  8)

• 4 weeks later...

Here some hints from my Sets....

Dark-Side :

Penta

Highko

Cosmo

Gregh on Earth

Seroxat

Fungus Funk

Pitch Hikers

N3xus

Terminator

Parasense

Ocelot

Darkpsy

Naked Tourist

Paranoize

Psyfactor

......and so on

For the Magic Morning :

Synsun

Black & White

Life Extension

Intersys

Bamboo forest

Fatali

Bionic Empire

Exaile

Protoculture

Tikal

U-Recken

Enjoy  8)

I'm really liking darkspy,, don't know how i've gone so long without hearing of them. Found a DJ called "Malice in Wonderland" which is proper full on Darckside stuff. Still got alot of the suggestions to check out. Can anybody suggest any Prog stuff? Not something I really listen to as I prefer the fullon stuff but I heard a few tracks by a frence group called Cryptic (or kryptic, not usre how it's spelt) which is proper dirty electro prog trance, definitely need to get hold of some.

G

For Prog I recommend "Smooth - Dont Stop"......so great smooth goa-proggie-album...released 2 month ago or so....

Check it out, I played it many times the last weeks :)

But my latest favorite is the new "Ocelot - 9 Lives" !!!! Dont listen to it at a "normal"  state  ;D  or maybe you will hate it, its bad twisted sound, but opens great spheres.....Enjoy

Yes, I saw Ocelot last year at Fullmoon Festival, Berlin; And yes, definitely really twisted. I've found some great new artists from this thread. I found that after a while (6 years) of listening to psy, even though I love the music that I got to a point where me and my mates all had the same CD's and weren't really hearing any new sounds, this thread has corrected that!

G

• 5 months later...

back to my little Psy-corner of the forum!

I recently found a mix called "Mental distortion Vol1" ...no track listing and can't find any reference of it on the net... This is an awesome mix... nice and hard. it kicks of with a hard psy version of the imperial march, but alas, it's a mix so dosn't contain the whole song.... Can anybody tell me who this is... I need it... now, or maybe perhaps where I can get hold of volume two.

On another note, was at a party and some guy plaed some really good prog-trance.. I asked about it and he said the CD was from a french artist called cryptic... Been trying to get hold of it, but there's so many ways that cryptic could be spelt (kriptic, kryptic, kryptyk...see what I mean!) that i've not been able to locate it.

G