OPL3 (MB-FM) Chipset Bulk Order

Wilba

Sorry to hear that Sasha... I was building an OPL3 board when I was distracted by other things :) and never finished it, so I can't even say that this batch of OPL3 worked for me... Obviously I couldn't test SMD chips, only assume they were all good, and took all anti-static precautions, but I have not heard of anyone else having problems with any that I sold, so I can only assume they work.

I'll send you some replacements if you can't fix it soon! :)

Is it in any way related to the broken track on SmashTV's OPL3 PCB?

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,10773.msg83254.html#msg83254

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that Sasha... I was building an OPL3 board when I was distracted by other things :) and never finished it, so I can't even say that this batch of OPL3 worked for me... Obviously I couldn't test SMD chips, only assume they were all good, and took all anti-static precautions, but I have not heard of anyone else having problems with any that I sold, so I can only assume they work.

Jason, it is OK. I just wanted to hear if somebody build the synth from this batch. Seams I`m the only one. Strange. My reason was problem of getting the right oscilator, but chips was soldered long time ago.

I'll send you some replacements if you can't fix it soon! :)

Thanks, but I don`t want you to do it. It has nothing to do with you. I know that chips couldn`t be easily tested and I agree to get it as is and hope they are right.

Is it in any way related to the broken track on SmashTV's OPL3 PCB?

Unfortunatelly not as Smash don`t ship to Serbia. :(

• 1 month later...

NP Steve. I have alot projects I have started long time ago, that I didn`t touched for ages. I changed my building priorities often.  :P If I don`t finish the project as soon as possible I get intersted with another. Good I have all the parts to finish x0xb0x. I build 2 for myself and 2 for other guy from the local batch.

Anyway, I hope at least somebody will test the chips soon. MBFM can be build very quickly. I say I could have finished in nice enclosure over weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...