OPL3 (MB-FM) Chipset Bulk Order

Wilba

THIS BULK ORDER IS CLOSED

OPL3 (MB-FM) Chipset Bulk Order

I have ordered enough for everyone's preorders that were on the list here:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/wilba_opl3_bulk_order

It is now too late to add any new orders, sorry. People not on the list can wait until after the bulk order and buy any spares left over. Please do not email me about buying spares until after the bulk order is finished.

OPL3 “chipsets” (1x YMF262 + 2x YAC512) will cost approximately US$9 plus US$2 shipping to anywhere. This price is an estimate. This bulk order is being run as zero-net-profit, meaning I will work out exactly how much they cost and how much postage will cost (in Australian dollars) and invoice you the exact amount plus PayPal fees.

I am now collecting orders only from people on the list!

HOW TO ORDER

Running the MB-6582 PCB bulk order and selling SIDs has now made me intolerant of people who can't follow simple instructions, reply to their emails within a few days, or don't sent PayPal payments. So there are now three simple rules:

1. If you don't have the cash, don't waste my time with an order.

An order means "I can pay now", not "I can pay when I get paid next month". If you are on the list and can't buy them now, just email me and I'll take you off the list.

2. After emailing an order, you are expected to check your emails daily and make a PayPal payment as soon as you receive a payment request. I try to do things as quickly as possible, but this stuff still takes time.

3. Fill in the order form exactly as described so I can easily copy and paste the details into a spreadsheet.

Email your order to: Jason.S.Williams@ I HATE SPAM gmail.com

The contents of the email should be (without labels!):

MIDIbox username

Real name + Postal Address + COUNTRY

Contact Email Address (same one you are using to email me)

PayPal Email Address

Quantity of OPL3 “chipsets” (1x YMF262 + 2x YAC512)

example:

FunkyPunky

Johannes Schmitt

Oberammergaueralpenkräuterdelikatessenfrühstückskäse Str. 29

10997 Berlin

GERMANY

Johannes.Schmitt @gmx.de

Johannes.Schmitt @gmx.de

If you have already told me you wanted extra YAC512, this is already handled, just order the “chipsets” (1x YMF262 + 2x YAC512) and I will add the extra YAC512

One final thing: these chipsets are new-old-stock and so I assume they are all good and will work fine, but I cannot test them before shipping and can't guarantee that they will work. They are more likely to work than ones you salvage from a sound card. If you bought a sound card on eBay "as-is" and desoldered the chips and they didn't work, you couldn't complain and try to get a refund from the eBay seller. Similarly, these chips are sold "as-is" in good faith that they work, without any guarantee or ability to refund or replace if they do not. If you do not like these terms then please do not order.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this is "a Deli-style breakfast cheese with mountain herbs from the state of Oberammergau".

I have no idea how English reads and sounds to people which don't speak it natively... but auslanders like me find German fascinating, complex, lots of interesting sounds... and unfortunately too hard to master in my lifetime. So please excuse the few jokes I make, it is only because I'm jealous that I can only speak the boring de facto lingua franca of the modern age, while most Europeans speak it in addition to a native tongue.  :P

Four linguists were sharing a compartment on a train on their way to an international conference on sound symbolism. One was English, one Spanish, one French and the fourth German. They got into a discussion on whose language was the most eloquent and euphonious.

The English linguist said: "Why, English is the most eloquent language. Take for instance the word "butterfly". Butterfly, butterfly... doesn't that word so beautifully express the way this delicate insect flies. It's like flutter-by, flutter-by."

"Oh, no!" said the Spanish linguist, "the word for "butterfly" in Spanish is "maripose". Now, this word expresses so beautifully the vibrant colours on the butterfly's wings. What could be a more apt name for such a brilliant creature? Spanish is the most eloquent language!"

"Papillon!" says the French linguist, "papillon! This word expresses the fragility of the butterfly's wings and body. This is the most fitting name for such a delicate and ethereal insect. French is the most eloquent language!"

At this the German linguist stands up, and demands: "Und vot is rongk mit 'SCHMETTERLING'?"

And "The Awful German Language" by Mark Twain... very funny essay ;D

http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/jod/texts/twain.german.html

I read this is "a Deli-style breakfast cheese with mountain herbs from the state of Oberammergau".

I have no idea how English reads and sounds to people which don't speak it natively... but auslanders like me find German fascinating, complex, lots of interesting sounds... and unfortunately too hard to master in my lifetime. So please excuse the few jokes I make, it is only because I'm jealous that I can only speak the boring de facto lingua franca of the modern age, while most Europeans speak it in addition to a native tongue.  :P

And "The Awful German Language" by Mark Twain... very funny essay ;D

http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/jod/texts/twain.german.html

Oh wilba you Schlag!

I hate to ask as I don't want to seem impatient, but I also don't want Wilba to be waiting on me for money. 

Short answer: wait.

Wilba will notify us on this thread when he has sent out the Invvoices.

He usual does anyway, so i doubt he forgot.  ;)

The OPL3 chipsets have arrived.

The YMF262 are in tubes but the YAC512 is on a reel! Individually sealed capsules of DAC goodness.

This shipment sneaked past customs again... the supplier even put a fake invoice on the parcel without my knowledge, and hitching a ride with the SIDs brought the overall costs down... so they come to AU$10 per chipset (that's approximately 6.02 Euro or US$8.77), plus the AU$2 postage and PayPal fees on top of that.

Just out of interest, I tried finding an old sound card with the FM chips, and this is the best I could do: link

78_1.JPG

bin_15x54.gif US$16 !!!

hehehe  ;D

I'll start sending invoices tonight. Stay tuned.

I mean the OPL3s and SIDs came from the same supplier. I would not have bothered with an OPL3 bulk order otherwise.

The customs checks are hard-core for quarantine, they're not so bad when it comes to duty, stuff under AU$1,000 is duty free I think... (well, I've never paid duty on goods valued around AU$500  ;) )