Another Stereo-SID

Pascal

By this Stereo-SID Wave i will present you my last week project, what i am solder in my very rar time :-)

It´s a stereo-SID on vero-boards with 2 BankStick´s (0 and 7).

On the PCB Pics you are not see the DIN and DOUT Chips. The pictures i have shot before i soldered it on.

The Size was 20x10cm or 7,87" x 3,94" :-)

The case was a 1599KTSBK from pbe Electronic GmbH. It was very sweet and perfect for this project.

I have user many Jumpers to set the Power for the SID´s to 9 or 12V and set the capacitors for old and new chips.

It is very usefull to soldere one of this project on Vero-Boards. It helps to understand many features and Problems.

Enugh write . . . Here the Pics.

IMG_3663_thumb.jpg

IMG_3662_thumb.jpg

IMG_3668_thumb.jpg

IMG_3669_thumb.jpg

2353_IMG_3663_jpgc67bce2fc59e11740fd84bd

2355_IMG_3662_jpg429c273a41caf2a8fee1bd6

2357_IMG_3668_jpgf8af73dcfe97ced1687e90a

2359_IMG_3669_jpgb70d8ef5083b696ff3a46a1

Seconded man, to do that on vero is brave! Looks like a really nice job, where'd you get the LCD bezel?

It´s from Reichelt (www.reichelt.de)

It was very funny :-) Tetris was nothing about that *lol* Or a Tetris one Week mega Session . . .*g

I think is is a pretty good example of how addictive 'boxing is - you finish an 8x SID with full cs, which does every thing you can imagine, and still you go ahead and build another stereo version ;D I kinda know the feeling!

I think is is a pretty good example of how addictive 'boxing is - you finish an 8x SID with full cs, which does every thing you can imagine, and still you go ahead and build another stereo version ;D I kinda know the feeling!

Corection:

I buil 2x 8xSID Synths with full CS and 1 Stereo SID ;-)

IMG_3656_thumb.jpg

2377_IMG_3656_jpgccab90f19f686dabbbc6026

Pascal, those boxes might look good but it is hard to tell with those headlights. I`m blinded just by looking at that picture. I`m starting to think it is more about display than sound. Are you willing to post some daylight or powered off pictures?

Wow! I don't remember these posted in the MIDIbox of the Week forum!

They deserve their own thread each!

Great work, Pascal! Can you show internal construction too? There are lots of people wanting to build a rack-mounted SID synth who would benefit from seeing the inside  ;)

I am so sorry, i don´t have actually Pics from the Okta-Sid.

Only a german thread with the Pics from the SID_Synth 101.

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,10670.0.html

The Okta-SID has the same construction only with 8 SID´s. What i have new Design was a 8 Bank-Stick Board was put it on the left side of the Rack.

The CS was the same.

When the new MegaSale 6582 come in, i make Pics from the inside of the Okta-SID.