core + 4x IIC + 8x bankstick pcb (formerly seq pcb)

ultra

thanks for your comments sasha :).

usually people don't like posting about it ahead of time because it invites a lot of feature requests, but in this case the feature requests have helped out a lot.

i hope to order the prototypes this week and get a group buy going once i can verify everything is absolutely correct.  in the meantime i'll get some documentation made and try to get some pricing info :).

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think smash is going to sell this? after the bulk order anyway? The only problem I can think of is figuring out which way resistors go because I always had smash's lovely pictures of the modules showing each properly placed piece. I am spoiled now 8) Nebula thanks for doing this. I still have 6 of your lcd display that you sent me and I can't wait to get them on MBs without having to rewire them each time. this pcb will save alot of us hours of build time.

...Nebula thanks for doing this. I still have 6 of your lcd display that you sent me and I can't wait to get them on MBs without having to rewire them each time. this pcb will save alot of us hours of build time.

Well, Nebula has nothing to do with this PCB. It is all Ultra`s work. ;)

every part has an identifier and a list will be on the wiki.  as a bonus i'll even include a BOM to mouser :P. 

as stryd said, the resistors aren't polarized :).

as far as pcb availability, all i can tell you is there will be an initial group buy.  after that i have no idea.

If place all resistor so tolerance is on same side too. :)but not really right and bottom as it depends of the way you look at the PCB. If there are some text on PCB you could tell what is left and what is right but if the PCB is DIY, it is impossible. I solder just a few times pro made PCB (MB6582 and MB808), all others are was DIY.

• 3 weeks later...

Even though this thread is already on quite a roll, I figure I might as well voice that I would be very interested in purchasing one of these PCBs, if not several. The idea and execution look phenomenal and I can't even begin to imagine how much more streamlined it will make the whole SEQ building process.

sorry it's been a while since i've done anything with this.  i've been short on money but i also admit that i'm a bit daunted by the pcb making process, as i've never had one manufactured before.  this will be a good learning experience since i have a few other pcbs i'll eventually need to have made as well.

gold phoenix seems to be the easiest choice for a few reasons.  the first reason is that i can give them my design and they'll fit as many as they can into 155 sq inches for $100.  i can fit 7 of these boards into that space so i figure it'll be around $15 per board after splitting their shipping cost with the pcb price (like $14.20 each).  i'm not sure if anybody considers this price to be high or low, but this is what i have so far.  i'm also not sure if the 155 sq inches means total overall space, or would they have to fit into a certain panel dimension-wise.

also, i can order a single panel to test it out before having more made without any extra costs.  the $100 is what it is.  in the future, people aren't missing out on the group buy.  all they have to do is get a quantity of 7 and i can have more made.

so, does around $15 plus shipping from the united states to wherever you are sound like a fair price?  if not, does anybody want to get in on the ordering process and help me get the price down more?  it's not a big board (160 x 80 mm) but there's a lot of holes (636), and i think some manufacturers take that into account with pricing.

hi,

watch this thread for the group buy and that's when i'll get an official count.  i'm not keeping count of who wants what at this time.

oh and please be patient!  i'm really broke right now but soon i'll be able to get this started.  i don't want to do a pcb run until i have a working, fully loaded pcb in front of me.

ultra

I'd like to have 1 pcbs.please cheers

watch this thread for the group buy and that's when i'll get an official count.  i'm not keeping count of who wants what at this time.

hi,ultra,one for me ..thanks boops

??? use your brain.