GM5: Least-cost USB-MIDI Interface Chip for 4.50 EUR

TK.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think TK is taking payment until he receives all the parts. which I believe is some time in the next 7 days.

Just be patient, he has alot of emails to send, and alot of chips and boards to package and send off.

I haven't received the parts yet and I haven't received an invoice yet, accordingly shipping isn't possible yet ;)

Ploytec informed me, that they will get the PCBs end of July. The GM5 chips are currently programmed/flashed by a special company. So, everything on track! :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...

No news yet, but I'm still in contact with Ploytec (due to other reasons) - don't worry, we will get our stuff

Update: Response from Ploytec which I got on a sunday afternoon 5 minutes after I asked via email: they will get the programmed chips tomorrow.

Order quantities: as mentioned in a change log comment, we should re-calculate the totals once the people of the first batch have been removed from the table.

My own spreadsheet is already more up-to-date than the Wiki due to all the unplanned special wishes of various people :/

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Some more words to the procedure: once I got the PCBs/GM5 chips from Ploytec this week, I will build one or two boards to doublecheck, that the PCB is fine now, and that the chips are programmed correctly and working under Windows/Linux/Mac. This is to avoid any trouble at your side (e.g. in worst case you would have to send back the PCBs or GM5 chips to Munich if there are unsolvable errors/failures)

Thereafter I will send out the invoices/money requests, GM5/PCBs will be shipped whenever I receive the money of individual people (please allow a delay of 1..2 days)

I will wait for up to two weeks, if there are still unpaid orders, all people in the list will get the chance to buy the remaining parts (first come, first serve). They will be asked via PM

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Ploytec has shipped the stuff today.

I also got the invoice. No surprise: GM5 3.50 EUR + 19% VAT, PCB 2.50 EUR + 19% VAT

Those who get the order via Swiss have to pay less VAT (details from Roger soon)

If nothing unexpected happens, I will start to request money & send the first payed orders from end of this week.

Deadline for paying: August 25th 20:00 PM CET - at this date, everybody in the list will be asked to buy the remaining parts (first come first serve - a bit EBay feeling ;))

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Where are the 0.00005% tolerance cut resistor leads that i ve ordered last yesterday? i have a very important homework to delivery at Sahira s kindergarden, i live only 700km from TK, 1400 from Sasha, 8954 from Wilba (all these numbers demonstrate how urgent the situation is)

...I will start to request money & send the first payed orders from end of this week.

Hi TK,

For the Australian purchasers having gear sent through our local delivery proxy, shall we pay you first for the purchase + first leg of delivery (to Australia), and then later pay our proxy for the last leg of delivery?

You have to send them to me first though, because I have to do a live PA at a party, and it's really important because it's for a university project, it's due this weekend, and if I don't finish the midibox that I started this morning then I will fail.

I may even have a heart attack and die. Do you want me to die? You guys are all bastards.

I'll just stick to the classics ;)

Please continue to wait silently! ;)

For the Australian purchasers having gear sent through our local delivery proxy, shall we pay you first for the purchase + first leg of delivery (to Australia), and then later pay our proxy for the last leg of delivery?

yes, thats the easiest way for all of us

Best Regards, Thorsten.