GM5: Least-cost USB-MIDI Interface Chip for 4.50 EUR

TK.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RS have the xtal too, and I have to place an order from them anyway (for SD sockets and numerous parts for another project). I've put that order on hold until I find out how many xtals we need. They also have the eeprom if anyone wants it.

Which one of these is it exactly?

I'l start a bulk order page tonight when I get home, so we can add our names and quantities to the page... I am in a rush to order though, due to the aforementioned RS order being on hold.

Sideline note: I think the existing parts list has machine pin IC sockets which are nice but costly...

Hey Aussies, put your order on the wiki page please :)

Hi, just let you know I won't be joining the group buy. I think I have most of the parts available as spares already.

I was considering organising a group purchase for others though, as I can receive a discount for most Altronics parts, depending on quantity. However, I think the Rockby prices, or futurlec wouldn't be very different for this purchase (I haven't checked yet). Altronics retail RRP's are generally quite a bit cheaper than RS or Farnell, but often a bit costlier than Jaycar, Rockby, or futurlec. I would have to confirm if the discounted prices would work out any better, overall. I can generally avoid the delivery charges, as well (from Altronics to me).

If other Aussies are interested, I could look into organising a group buy quote through Altronics. However, I probably couldn't fit this in within the next week, as my schedule is pretty full.

Thanks dude!

I had a friend who had that deal with altronics too, it's definitely a good thing ;) Sounds like it might not be a benefit this time, but maybe we'll harass you on the next order :D

Everyone else got their order on the page?

OH good thing i double checked the stock codes...

The midi plugs from Rockby are 180 degree sockets.... not surface mounting like the ones from Jaycar...

so we may have to order the midi ports from Jaycar, they are cheaper from jaycar anyway.

So I hope, that we will reach the 750 mark - or it's enough to skip the "n*250" rule  ;)

500 chips have already been ordered, which means that people below the 500 mark have to wait for the second order.

But even for those people there is some small hope to get the chips earlier: 11 orders haven't been confirmed yet, deadline is 20th July.

Unconfirmed orders will be removed from the list. Currently this would free 49 GM5 chips and 46 PCBs for people below the mark!

Best Regards, Thorsten (uses NeoOffice Calc instead of Excel to avoid calculation errors ;))

I registerd on the forum and added my order a couple of days ago (and yes, I did update the totals!) but this is all I have done so I don't know if this counts as a confirmed order.  Is there anything else I have to do (like pay!) so that my order can be considered to be confirmed and I can claim some of the 'floating' chips and pcbs?  If so, what do I need to do?

Thanks

Doenst TK firstly send a mail to him to which he has to reply to confirm his order ?

No, because he is below the 500 mark, so he is on the waiting list right now. I guess the below-500-people will be asked in order of their list entry if they want some of the remaining as soon as the normal deadline has passed.

S

Thanks dude!

I had a friend who had that deal with altronics too, it's definitely a good thing ;) Sounds like it might not be a benefit this time, but maybe we'll harass you on the next order :D

Hey, no probs. I can still try to look into it, during the week. The discount is through my current employer. I am not likely to stay in my current job for very much longer though.

thanks stryd_one have just added my name to the aussie group buy for parts

had to wait for the weekend been a big week

can you tell me if this is going via paypal ?

seeing that this is for aus buyers, bank deposit would be nice. Paypal sux the big wang.

I haven't received a confirmation via email yet. I emailed 4 days ago and I have been watching the junk mail folder for any surprises.

the syntax of the subject wasn't correct, therefore I haven't found the email immediately

Best Regards, Thorsten.