[WTB] 13mm ALPS tactile switches

Enth

thats a normal "tactial switch" or in german "kurzhub taster"

you get it by Reichelt:

http://www.reichelt.de/?;ACTION=3;LA=2;GROUP=C223;GROUPID=3278;ARTICLE=27894;START=0;SORT=-artnr;OFFSET=1000;SID=31nnv@LKwQAR8AAGO9Hu47679e5705e3a39ea54a88904699bb8db

And you get it everywhere  ;) from everyone---thats a normal 6x6mm tactswitch with a 12,5mm long shaft

Can't order from Reichelt due to the minimal order.

I can find plenty of 6mm x 6mm switches, couple that are h=13mm but they don't narrow upwards like they are supposed to. There's one sale on eBay but they don't provide datasheet, only a fuzzy picture, and the quality is always a '?' mark.

There's an old folk's saying that "poor guy can't afford to buy anything cheap" ;)

150 euros. Add on top of that postage (last time 50e!) and taxes = my last order was 230e. I don't have use

for ~1250 pcs, in that case I could order the 1000 pcs minimum that most who are selling ALPS require.

I do plan to order from Reichelt someday again, but that won't happen anytime soon.

Check eBay for "tact switches" as sometimes, the 13mm Alps model are sold without the word "Alps" in the subject line.

Edit: Per Wilba's note on page 2, make certain that the =overall= length of the switch, from the base of the switch to the top of the tapered bat, is 13mm. I'd bought and recommended some on which the bat alone is 13mm.

I can find plenty of 6mm x 6mm switches, couple that are h=13mm but they don't narrow upwards like they are supposed to.

How do you know they don't "narrow upwards"? Not even the ALPS SKHH datasheet is specific about this.

I can help out if you post some links to parts.

I bought mine from Conrad. Check out part number 705300. I tried them on the mb-6582 cs pcb and they fit. Like in the alps case the data sheet soesn't mention if they narrow upwards but i took a chance and they do. i don't have case and panel yet so i am not 100% sure they will do but i would be very supprised if they don't.

I got mine from RS: uk_rs-online_com

These are from Tyco.

Pricing, plus 17.5% UK VAT

Quantity    Price Each

20   £0.095

500   £0.085

2000   £0.075

5000   £0.065

10000   £0.055

A quick 'back of an emvelope' calculation suggests a price of about 12 Euro for 100 posted to Europe.

Rapid have these: www_rapidonline_com]

They are by Diptronics, and  are a bit cheaper,

Quantity    Price Each

1        £0.12

100        £0.08

500        £0.06

1000        £0.05

Working out at about 9.5 Euro for 100, posted to Europe.

If people are interested, I can stick a few on my next Rpaid order and check them for fit.

If I do a bulk order, it will be for a batch, 'Wilba Stylee', where you can have 100 or 200 etc, and I'll do either 10 or 20 sets.

A thought anyway.

Peake, these:

AlpsTact.jpg

look like 17mm, not 13mm.

13mm dimension in the parts description refers to dimension from base of switch to end of shaft. My apologies if this wasn't obvious from the parts description.

I have a bag of nearly 100 of these 17mm ones from a previous unfinished MB-SID "step C" CS... they are good for 10mm spacers and 3mm panel, and I plan to use them in another design... perhaps my rack-mount MB-6582 ;) might need them for the LED matrix at least.

Here's the exact part from Mouser:

http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=SKHHDTA010virtualkey68800000virtualkey688-SKHHDT

and the datasheet from Mouser (refer to SKHHDTA010 as in the wiki):

http://www3.alps.com/WebObjects/catalog.woa/E/PDF/Switch/Tact/SKHH/SKHH.PDF

You should be able to find local ALPS distributors in your country - they were the easiest thing for me to find in Australia, and I thought they were fairly common everywhere - TK used them on his own MIDIboxes before I came along!

Peake, these look like 17mm, not 13mm.

13mm dimension in the parts description refers to dimension from base

of switch to end of shaft. My apologies if this wasn't obvious from the

parts description.

I've just measured and you're correct, and they're 16mm from the base of the switch to the end of the bat. The bat itself is 13mm... Enth, I'll paypal you the cost of the switches and shipping, for having given you wrong advice; PM me please. I'm sorry about that. It WAS too good to be true.

Thankfully Wilba, I'd already read your CS construction page, and have not yet soldered any of them to the board. I might go ahead and use them if they don't stick through the panel too ridiculously far (and it's likely that they would, from what you're saying).

I've just measured and you're correct, and they're 16mm from the base of the switch to the end of the bat. The bat itself is 13mm... Enth, I'll paypal you the cost of the switches and shipping, for having given you wrong advice; PM me please. I'm sorry about that. It WAS too good to be true.

Thankfully Wilba, I'd already read your CS construction page, and have not yet soldered any of them to the board. I might go ahead and use them if they don't stick through the panel too ridiculously far (and it's likely that they would, from what you're saying).

Absolutely not, I should've checked it better myself. They weren't that expensive and I'll might end up using them on something else. :)