Gloss Red and Gloss Black MB-6582 panel sets back in stock : )

julianf

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the slow reply - ive been trying to keep away from the computer over the christmass period.

The short answer is "Yes i am still cutting"

...however, itll probably be 10 days or so before im back in stock with the mb6582 panels, due to the downtime in production over the holiday period.

Im afraid I have normalised all finishes to the same price now - which is good for those buying gloss panels as the increase in VAT we're suffering here in the UK has effectivly been leveled on to the matt panels only. However, this is obviously not so great for those buying matt : (

Compared to the "other" supplier, however, that charges about £120 per set, the price is still somewhat competative! : )

Anyway, im also considering offering infill in fancy colours to the matt black sets. I dont know if there would be much interest in this? I would not want to get into mixing different colours on the same plate, as thats quite labor intensive, but i have done some tests with blues and purples which do look quite nice across the whole panel.

I may also have some b-grade and / or painted pac-tec pt 10 cases for sale soon.

I buy these by the box load for x0xb0x builds, and always there are some in the box where the screws on one unit have touched the plastic on another. As i will only ever ship perfect x0xb0x units, i cant use cases with even the smallest of marks for them.

I will not get the compressor out untill the weather improves though, as its too much bother to heat the workshop for painting at present.

Coating platics without the correct paints is asking for trouble, so, if i do spray them, they will be coated with proper adhesion promotors, and probably 2pak paints.

This is a workshop, compressor/gun, breathing apparatus (2k paints give off cyanide compounds as they dry) job however, so its not somthing im gong to do quickly tommorow : )

Valant:

I ship all over, and a number of the comments in the thread above from those who have recieved panels are from people located in the states : )

The postal costs are on the first page of this thread.

With regard to the infill -

Nope, no photos of mb6582 panels specifically. The test one i did i stripped out again with solvent (i only tested small areas anyhow)

...however, im sure you can imagine. There are colour examples on the cnc page of my website, and theres an example of blue on the klee panel a few posts up.

Ill have to check the colours, but i think i have -

Yellow

Bright (almost fluro) Orange

Blue

White

Green

Red

Black

Purple

pingosimon:

Ok, ill dig some pt-10 cases out and you can have a look at them.

If youre not fussy, and want to save some cash, i have two reject mb6582 panels in gloss black also. Ill take some snaps of them too, and get them uploaded in the next few days.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi julianf,

I'm very keen on getting a panel set and PacTec case off you if you have one spare. I live in New Zealand (Although originally from Wales) and I have limited options to get the stuff I need to complete this project.

I really liked your red panel, do you still make or offer those?

Hello,

Yes, i have some gloss red sets cut and good to go out right now.

I have pactec pt10s, however...

(and i think i said somthing to this effect above somewhere...)

I buy them by the box load from pactec, but have never been 100% satisfied with the quality (some cases have small marks etc) so i 'grade' them when they get here. Im afraid i 'save' the best ones for my own x0xb0x sales, and the only ones i then retail are the b-grade ones.

My general feeling is that these b-grade ones are no worse than the main suppliers sell (i buy the cases from pactec / they buy them from pactec) its just, with luck, you may get a perfect one from the other suppliers, but from me, ive allready filtered off all the spotless ones!

..but im cheaper.

So, it depends whether you want to take an expensive gamble with the main suppliers and maybee (but maybee not!) get a spotless case, or spend less with me, and know what youre getting from the start!

Anywy, PM sent....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ive been getting a few emails recently along the lines of - "do you still have mb5682 panels - the thread on the forum is months old, so i wasnt sure..."

So...

I wanted to confirm that, yes, if you want mb6582 panel sets, we are doing them.... : )

Edited by julianf