Gloss Red and Gloss Black MB-6582 panel sets back in stock : )

julianf

Hi Garry,

I can cut 1-offs too, but the panel above is a fair bit of work, which is why i want a (allbeit small) MOQ at the stated price.

I can, and do, cut 1-offs all the time.

Just make sure not to accept any returns from him,

with a username like that, god knows what could happen.....

8220533-ca0

;)

(and yes, i did go all to the trouble of downloading that episode and converting it!)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah good old Swine flu, you only need to cough at work and you get 5 days off.

Best I start coughing loudly when the bits arrive for the mb-6582, to give me time off to build it  ;)

Julian: A set of mb-6582 panels would be great (in satin or matt if possible), PM me when you get enough names to do a run - I'm UK based so postage is easy. (Cheque or Paypal for the £68 + post ?)

Smithy: I'm honored you went to all the effort with the Simpsons clip :)

Julian: A set of mb-6582 panels would be great (in satin or matt if possible), PM me when you get enough names to do a run - I'm UK based so postage is easy. (Cheque or Paypal for the £68 + post ?)

Price is GBP £68 + post + transaction fees (but only if applicable!)

The company accounts are run in both sterling and euros, so BACS payments from most of europe is completely without processing cost, as will be a UK cheque from you.  Indeed, you can even go into a branch of HSBC and save yourself the stamp cost : )

I really dont like paypal, and use google checkout to process card payments.  Fees are the same, but you get a company who a) doesnt try evade uk trading regulations, and b) actually reads, and answers your mails - with relevant answers and evreything! ; )

...see, im almost ranting allready, such is my loathing!

As a buyer, its even simpler than paypal.  Not even any need to setup an account - its all done through a google page on one of their 'secure' servers.

Ill have to look through but i think the numbers are almost up to five.  As soon as they are, ill start.

Indeed, im putting in a metal order in the next few days, so if you all want red or blue or green or any other colour, i can order that, and use them insted of the black (which i have in stock right now)  It does need to be a MOQ 5 per colour though : (

Oh, and, as for the fan -

Ive concluded that its probably best to stick to wilbas specified cut-out on this.  

I realised that a fan cover can be fitted on the outside without a fan fitted to the inside.  If i cut the panels like that people have the option of fitting the fan or not, and, at the same time, the machine time is way lower for a large hole than a matrix of smaller ones.

Right...

Depending on confirmations, ive got enough buyers for the first batch of mb6582 panels, so im closing the list on tommorow at 5pm (GMT)

If anyone else wants a set, PM me before then, and ill be certain to make you a set.

The reason for closing the list is that i want to make these in batches, rather than all the time, hence wanting to close this run, make them, and get it all concluded before making more.  The list wont be opened again untill all these are shipped.

The price for this batch, as mentioned, is GBP £68 ex delivery / card fees

(but i can accept payment by BACS in both sterling and euro without any fees at all)

If this all turns out more hassle then expected, the next batch may change in price, but i think ive got a good idea of whats what from the panels in the pictures.

So, yes, anyone confirming before tommorow night gets on this list, at this confirmed price.

No payment will be accepted before the panels are reddy for shipping.

• 3 weeks later...

Rather embarrasingly, ive ended up with some b-grade panels from the first production run.

Im quite fussy, and wouldnt normally consider a panel with errors salable, however the errors are realy quite small, and the machine time thats been spent on the panles quite great, so i thought id offer them for a reduced rate all the same.

I (thankfully) only have 4 sets of these, and would be happy to see them go for GBP 63 per set (ie front and rear)

To give some perspective on this price, shaeffer (if they carried gloss materials, which i dont believe they do) would want GBP 109 per set once the tax was paid.

Below are two (large) photos.  The first is of the panel as it should be, and the second is of the b-grade panel.  The errors are cosmetic (ie engraving, not milling) and visible.  I will let you spot them : )

6582_correct.jpg

6582_error.jpg

Shipping -

UK - £2.14 + 75p (1st class recorded - maximum compensation £39)

UK - £5.40 (fully insured / next day)

EU - £2.99 + £4.50 (airmail + tracking / insurance)

ROW - £5.31 + £4.50 (airmail + tracking / insurance)

(2 sets will cost slightly more to post, but nowhere near double the cost)

Payment by bank in sterling or euro, google checkout in any other currency @ 4.4%.

Credit card orders must be tracked & insured.  Optional / at buyers risk otherwise.

And, lastly, a quick update on the red gloss panels -

Im still waiting on the materials (my own supplier is having to order in the gloss red in 1.5mm especially) but they should be here somtime next week. 

The gloss red panel sets will be priced at GBP 75 per set, and i will make sure i dont waste half of them in the same way as i have the black!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Julian,

Received my MB-6582 panel today and it looks great.

Thanks for the time and effort you've put into making these.

I've already recommended you to a mate who needs some custom panels done.

Also a big thank-you to Wilba for the MB-6582 project !!

Thanks again guys.

Gary (Tamiflu)

(I'll post some pictures once the beast is completed)

I dont think there are any left...  The ones still here are just on hold, awaiting payment.

Im considering doing a batch in satin red, but i need at least 5 takers if im not to have material left over.

Well, I guess its not the end of the world if i have a bit left over, but i just dont want to order a whole load of metal for one panel set.

Here is a x0xb0x made in the red that im talking about -

red_x0xb0x.jpg

(same image as on another thread)

The red that i can get at the moment is a satin brushed (ie has a grain) finish, rather than a reflective gloss (with no grain).

A package turned up from my supplier just now, although there are problems.

Out of the 9 sheets that they ordered, only 1 turned up!  I purchased all of this, but, as its the same as i use for the x0xb0x units, i do not want to sell it all here, and then be left with none myself.

And there were again no sheets at all of the gloss red : (

All the uk suppliers of this specific engraving material are having this same trouble.  The manufacturer is simply not sending it out to the distributors for some reason : (  I have called them all.

So, i hopefull have a small ammount of black gloss for mb6582 panels, but again no red gloss.  I did not order satin red, as there seemes little interest, but i have ordered quite a bit of flat matt black as i want it for somthing else anyhow.  I think that the flat matt is the same finish that shaeffer supplies [however i am still considerably cheaper : ] but i do not think they carry the gloss finishes at all.

I have not opened the package yet, and am about to quit for the day (it is my partners birthday today : ) I will probably update on the quantities availible after the weekend.

Thank you for your paitence!

Julian

Hello,

Right, ive done a stock take, and can cut -

Unlimited mb6582 panel sets in matt black

Very limited mb6582 panel sets in gloss black

Both finishes will be cut as per the photos earlier in this thread (of course, without the letter smoothing though!) so the finish will be black with silver writing.  I will cut corner holes (again, as per the photos) - these were not included on Wilba's original design, but alleviate the issues people have been having with gluing bolts to the rear of the panels.

The matt black sets will remain at the GBP £68 I charged last time.

The gloss black sets will rise to GBP £75 per set.

All prices are inclusive of eu tax, but exclusive of shipping.

I think shaeffer charge about GBP £110 per infilled set, and do not supply gloss at all.

I can take payment by uk cheque, uk bank transfer (in GBP), euro bank transfer (at my banks current euro buy rate), or google checkout (3.4/4.4% + GBP 0.25 fee applies, in line with uk trading regulations)

I found last time that a number of people asked me to hold panels, and then took a long time to transfer funds.  One person even told me that they *had* initiated a bank transfer, and then, a month later, asked me for my bank details again!

Because I only have a small amount of the black gloss at present (again, I have plenty of matt) I will not be putting panels on hold this time, and will only consider a panel set sold when either when -

*a card payment has been nameised by the customers bank, or

*a statement is made here that a bank transfer has been initiated (bank transfers are cheaper, but take a few days to go through - I do not want to sell the same panel 2x!)

Im very sorry if this seems difficult, but, out of all of this, I find the order management the hardest - keeping track of what's on hold for months hurts my brain!

I want it to be clearer for evreyone what is sold and what it availible, but I still want to be able to accept bank payments (they save people money - I think we all give too much to credit card companies!)

I will start cutting tommorow (tuesday).

Thank you,

Julian

• 2 weeks later...

I eventually have gloss red in stock now, and have cut a panel from it.

I am pretty pleased with the result. It looks a *lot* better than the non-gloss red i cut the x0xb0x panel from before. The colour seems deeper, and the finish is all together better.

I have taken some decent outdoor shots now -

gloss_black_top.jpg

gloss_black_rear.jpg

gloss_red_top.jpg

x0x_matte_top.jpg

finishes.jpg

Thank you,

Julian

• 3 weeks later...

I received my panels today and I must say I am very very pleased. I got the matte black ones and they are just as I expected: fingerprints don't show.

I am also extremely impressed with the quality of the machining and engraving. It is absolutely perfect! See pics below.

gallery_5722_4_100690.jpg

gallery_5722_4_94704.jpg

gallery_5722_4_45640.jpg

Now I can finally start playing with epoxy - this will remind me of my boat building days, on a smaller scale :rolleyes:

Thanks again Julian!

Thank you for the comments - very much appreciated : )

Looking at other peoples photos always reminds me that my digital camera is about 7 years old... : /

As a side note - im a little late in sending out last weeks work, but, as of today (thursday) all of last weeks orders have been shipped.

Google checkout should have forwarded on evreyones tracking numbers to them.

The website for tracking is -

http://track.royalmail.com

Erik, your klee panels have also been sent -

klee.jpg

(photos on my girlfriends camera, but with poor lighting now insted...)

Now I can finally start playing with epoxy - this will remind me of my boat building days, on a smaller scale :rolleyes:

totally offtopic but nice to notice its other boat builders here playing with midiboxes.

im also, atm in school studyin & building my first boat.

and yes. always when its talk about epoxy i associate this to boat building.

very nice to notice indeed.

i also need to play with epoxy with my mb6582...although i really hate that stuff :S

cheers, cAMEL