MIDIbox of the Week (MBSID V2 made by igi)

igi

Hi!

The case is actually made from aluminium installation conduit made by ITEM, (http://www.item24.com/en/products/product_groups.html)

so can be cut to any length you like.( my is 430 mm). Side caps is also available.

Front panel is made with LAZERTRAN (http://www.lazertran.com/products/lazertran_products_original.htm).

Really great stuff, but be careful, that only LAZERTRAN for laser printers it can be baked on the surface.

My MB SID is complete DIY (even PCB's) and it's stuffed with full CS,two Aout_LC (with unipolar power supply), two 6581, two 858 and, four SWINsids

with latest firmvare (not midibox version)with (almost)full compatibility with 8580 (All filter modes, multi state filter, sync and ringmod.)

Thanks Swikels!!!

Best regards!

IGI

My MB SID is complete DIY (even PCB's) and it's stuffed with full CS,two Aout_LC (with unipolar power supply), two 6581, two 858 and, four SWINsids

The conduit is a very interesting idea for an enclosure. I would love to see all your handywork inside, but I guess it doesn't really come apart like a typical case, so it might be hard to take good pictures.

This is easily one of the coolest MB-SID builds out there. Very nice work.

Hi !

Every engine has a bit different sound, so all sounds came from same galaxy, but every engine from different planet, so I can

make a little different sounds. I really like 6581 sound with external filter.(I use CEM3389)

I use 8580 setup for all engines.

I will try make some detailed photos from inside.