WTB: MB6582 Window

orange_hand

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a nice Fluro CD case at Rusta that I Dremelled like crazy. Looks OK, but it was far too much work to be viable considering how easy it may break. Next up: A trip to some hardware supplier. There are a few who do CNC work and are willing to use leftover bits for cheap.

I have a 1.5mm thick panel too from JulianF. It should be the same as the Wilba fpd AFAIK.

Yeah me too.

I have sent out an e-mail. I'll let you guys know as soon as i hear anything.

Edited by Shuriken

Hi Guys,

I've got now another set of windows. It looks better than a CD cover :-) Of course I have to clean up the edges a little bit, but then it is perfect ...

Greetz

orange

Where did you get yours?

I got word from my contact at frontplaten.net. He made some stuff before for midibox usage. He suggested to make a window out of two pieces of 1.5mm. As an additional option it would be possible todo it in a different color or a full color print. The current estimate for 10 pieces is 85 euro. So that would be 8,50 euro a piece.

Hi Shuriken,

thanks for your efforts!

Two questions:

1) Two pieces? How are the connected together?

2) Different colors? Colored Acrylic? Cool! Would it be possible to get a red one?

Bye,

Peter

I have asked, but i seem to remember you can join them with chloroform. They have a lot of colors. So both red en green should be possible.

Not sure if that will influence price. But i have asked that as well :wink: .

Edited by Shuriken

I asked for a production sample first.

So i am making a drawing for it in illustrator now. I am a bit concerned on the measurments though. Wilba's FPD file specifies 83mm x 31,20mm. Question is if i make the window exactly this size, will it fit? Or should we compensate a little bit. Any clues?

Edited by Shuriken

The office Mitutoyo slider concurs with those measurements on my front panel. The trick wrt tolerances here is that if we get the window top made to 82.95mm by 31.95mm we'll end up with a piece of plastic that sloshes around. If the plastic is cut exact to boot, we can easily sand the panel cutout in case it's just a hair-width too small.

Then again, I'm no mechanical engineer so the esteemed reader should feel free to enlighten us all if you're in the know.