two deadmau5 covers

ssp

Had a little free time this weekend so i decided to have a go at recreating two of my favourite deadmau5 tracks, strobe & i remember.

The strobe track was done in ableton, and took the best part of a day to do, i used the built in operator synth, the midibox sid plugin (which still rox!!) with strings and pads from nexus and virtuoso. Drums were from my sample library and passed through a limiter/saturator with a touch of filtering . The whole thing was finally passed through an API 2500 which rounded the track off perfectly.

I remember was easier, basic chord structures with 8th repeats sidechained and several layered pads which were then run through the waves One knob wetter stereo plugin to give them that extra wide subtle effect. Also an fm mute piano was placed in with a slightly off delay. Drums once again went through thier own bus and were picked up with an api 2500 that gave them a slight amount of compression, just to tighten them up. plugins used for this were, virtuosos library, nexus for pads and fm piano, zeta for 8th repeat chord progression and a minimonsta plugin for pads also.

Enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/pherik/strobe-cover-version

http://soundcloud.com/pherik/i-remember-cover

Edited by ssp

Thanks hawkeye, everything is done internally or via optical to keep S/N ration down. The API's sometimes give a little noize but i cancel this out with a few waves plugins. Now i have got rid of my old analogue desks and gone digital things run a lot smoothly. I am still using my old motu 2408 interfaces though as they have never let me down (touch wood!).

Oh looky who's back :flowers:

While I don't particularly like the songs as such (me no into softish electronic music or "electronic" music per se, with the potential exception of gritty 8bit chiptune) I must say the sound and production is really done beautifully - awesome stuff, spp! :yes: