MidiBox CV and Quad IIc Module on same core

jpjsenior

Hi,

I am hoping to build a midi to CV converter using the LPC17 Core module and the AOUT_NG. I would also like the same core to provide 4 Midi outs so it can act as a midi router as well. Is this possible? I have seen the quad IIC kit in the SmashTV shop which looks ideal. Have been trying to find info on using this along with the Midi to CV 2 but haven't found anything so thought I'd ask. Also, if it is compatible, can I still use the DOUT trick to get additonal Gates out for the CV converter?

Cheers,

Jon

Theoretically it is possible to connect both AOUT_NG and QUAD IIC. The big question is what application are you going to run on the LPC17 for this? MB CV is PIC_Core and MB CV V2 is still in progress and the new STM32F4 is highly recommended for this.

Looking at http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_cv_v2.html the DOUT option is available.

Edited by Shuriken

Did you also consider, that STM32F4 has already 4 MIDI OUT (and 4 MIDI IN) ports in conjunction with the two (upcoming) MBHP_MIDI_IO boards?

mios32_rtp_connectivity.jpg
(Ignore the RTP MIDI extension at the right side, and IIC MIDI at the left side...)

This might be the best solution. :smile:

Best Regards, Thorsten.

thanks for your replies. originally I was going for the core 8 and midi cv 1 as it appeared to have a more straightforward build and documentation, but I kept reading on here how much improved things are with the newer cores so decided that would be best for my current purposes and any future additions or changes I might like to make. i didn't realise that midi cv2 isn't released yet. haven't read much about the stm32f core either. this shows I need to do more reading! I will investigate further, thanks 2 both of you for the help:)

I've had a think and for the sake of getting something up and running quickly, I'm going with the core 8 and cv1 along with a quad IIC as originally planned. I'm not sure i'll be using many of the more advnced features of the new software for my current needs. Has anyone any recommendation/experience with this older set-up? pitfalls, things to make sure I get/avoid?

Cheers,

Jon

Did you also consider, that STM32F4 has already 4 MIDI OUT (and 4 MIDI IN) ports in conjunction with the two (upcoming) MBHP_MIDI_IO boards?

mios32_rtp_connectivity.jpg

(Ignore the RTP MIDI extension at the right side, and IIC MIDI at the left side...)

This might be the best solution. :smile:

Best Regards, Thorsten.

This sure looks like there is a STM32F4 PCB in the works....... :)

Interesting!! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...