latigid on

midiphy Eurorack Expander Modules

7 posts in this topic

Hello, Peter made an awesome video (4k quality!) demonstrating the assembly of the following modules

• Euroceiver (line driver receiver in the rack), power distribution
  • A1 Expander (AOUT based on MAX5500)
  • D1 Expander (DOUTX1 for gates plus protection)
  • D2/D3 Expanders (likewise for clocks and triggers)

Feel free to use this thread for any discussion or troubleshooting. Have fun building your modules! 

Edited by latigid on

Thanks a lot Andy and Peter for this great work! :cheers:

Based on this video tutorial I built up my modules yesterday, all are working fine, almost no troubleshooting was required. :)

midiphy_modules.thumb.jpg.972e7328aec6d8

Now I need a case (I ordered a 4ms Pod40X in the hope that the modules will fit into this case without special measures)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Awesome, have fun with the CV! A small case is a sensible idea as it can keep the modular addiction contained :)

Thank you for the framework and codebase to enable development of these modules.

Best,
Andy

Hi, I just finished the euroceiver module and like to test if it functions with the  led etc. Is it already possible to test the module because when i put the usb in there i don't see the led going on while the led is good while checking with a multimeter. Thanks, niels

What is the jumper setting with J5? Choose USB to power it this way.

(check the +5V rail is not shorted to 0V)

Hi,

Jumper setting is the same as in hawkeyes video. Just wanted to test the module only with the usb power but do you also need to supply power by the eurorack psu rail? Sorry still really noob with eurorack, this is my beginning with it ;-) i thought powering only by usb is enough. 

Ha now i understand the jumper was wrong. Everything working now, no need of an eurorack power (yet). Thanks going further now with building ;-)