DAW-controller-(ableton)

Lets get started...

DAW-scaleable.thumb.png.0a11cf7dc29c914d8c55997f35f79d65.png

Goal is a midicontroller for Ableton live, at the beginning as simple midicontroller, maybe later to transfair Labels via max4Live to the controller... it will not a midibox-ng script, it will be a own program based on the MIOS-platform.

Hardware first, i designed a 6xSSD1306 + 9 Encoder Board, that is scaleable --- i will use 8-10 off it, its documented here (incl gerbers): http://wiki.midibox.org/daw-encoder-display

DAW-Encoder-Display-3D-Front.thumb.png.898c549af0685cde5570e3646f1eae2f.pngDAW-Encoder-Display-3D-Back.thumb.png.a993506036f2ec294c4039bfa6938ec0.png

i already have the Motorfaders and the ready soldered and flashed mf-ng boards, i will controll them with a stm32F4 board... which also handles the encoders and displays.

in order to drive the displays stable, i use latigid-ons display driver board.

- this is also the offical discuss topic for this project (which is linked in the wiki)

Edited by Phatline

• 4 weeks later...

pcb arrive, soldered 4 off them (12 channels) - the 4 others i make a nother time. (24ch in total)

the display drivers from Andy work great again!

the midibox code is working, the max for live patches too. (at least for this state i am happy to get automaticly the Channels names, and the Macronames!!! hell yeah!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

thx

i am working on the Frontpanels now,

For the Button Board i use Aluminium

Clear Acrylic for Screen-Encoder Section

Opal Acrylic for the Motorfader Section -

+++because, i plan to make RGB-LED-Boards so light up the Channelstrips in the same Color as they are in Ableton Colored... so i see groups, and have overview....

i want to mount them lower to the Encoders and make a Aluminiumplate to block the LED-Light from lightning into my eyes directly.

i too make traces into the Acrylic, so i have less Illumination from strip to strip:

DAW-Frontpanels.thumb.jpg.58a61716bf44b093e86291ae72f38e6f.jpg