Please send me your MBSID patches

TK.

Hi,

the upcoming minor release of MIDIbox SID will finally get the possibility to switch between different BankSticks from the CS menu or via MIDI.

Since there are currently only 76 preset patches, I'm asking you to send me your creations (-> tk@midibox.org).

The number of patches doesn't matter, there are 1024 free slots :)

I will put them into a JSynthLib bank, and I will also provide 32k BankStick .syx files which can be uploaded directly with Serge's SysEx Loader for people who are not able to get JSynthLib properly running.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

You catched me in the middle of studio-redesigning. At mmt nearly everything´s up again, but it still can be a while until everything´s perfect again.

Although I just got a few patches (I even don´t think more than 3), you will get them as soon as possible! sysex message OK?

Dave/PayC: the .syx format would be fine. You can use Serge's SysEx tool to request the patch(es) (hope that it still works ;-))

Don't hesitate to add some spontaneous patches if you want. Not only that super bombastic stuff is interesting for other users... very common sounds can also be nice source for inspirations.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 4 months later...

Is there anything known about the patch format of the SidStation? It looks, as if their wavetable thing there has 64 steps, while we have 32? Maybe it would be interesting to convert these patches to Midibox Sid... but the SidStation is much too expensive for me, otherwise I would have tried already...

br, jamram

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, this is the maximum configuration. A=0 is the BankStick for Bank 0, A=1 the BankStick for Bank 1, etc...

you don't need them all to get a MBSID running, but at least one with the A=0 (all address pins tied to ground) is advantageous

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I sort of know a guy who used to be in Witan (a dutch demogroup), in which also Jeroen Tel was a member, and he claims still to have friendly contact with him on a regular basis. I beleive most of us know Jeroen Tel by name and fame now don't we?  ;D

I could ask via this guy, if Jeroen  has some sounds he would like to contribute. Only I don't think he owns a midibox, he used to prog te sounds via C64 based trackers and so if I recall correctly. Apart from donating/lending him a midibox, what are the options to get MBSID compatible patches? I believe i read somewhere he does own a HardSID tough...

Cheers,  Alex.

Hi Alex,

the random patch generator script contains a routine which allows you to write a MBSID compatible .syx file based on named parameters. This function could be re-used for patch converters (however, the input format must be known...)

Best Regards, Thorsten.