MIDIbox of the Week (Traktor Controller made by Sasa Djuric)

TK.

Here some pictures of Sasa's Traktor Controller. He wrote:

Hi Thorsten, thanks to you I have one of my favourites toys ever, live

and kickin`... This is Native Instruments Traktor controller built in

the black-mat painted C64 case. The panel is made of 2 sheets. One is

3mm acrylic base , and top one is special engraving scratch/UV resistant

plastic for outdor use. It comes in wariety of colours. The panels are

laser cut and engraved so no paint could ever scratch away. Iluminated

"Kill" buttons are handmade. Detailed HOWTO I wrote long time ago here:

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=4322.msg28227#msg28227

Cue buttons are have 3mm LED center (Knitter Switch). Knobs are

soft-touch (Monacor). Thank you very much for this great project. Sasa

What a fantastic work!

sasa1.jpg

sasa2.jpg

sasa3.jpg

sasa4.jpg

sasa5.jpg

sasa6.jpg

sasa7.jpg

sasa8.jpg

sasa9.jpg

Thank you all. I get alot of help from the members of this forum in a past time including the master himself. After a long time knowing about this great project I still can`t belive how wonderfull it is. I just scratched the surface, and I can see long list in the menu left of other waiting MIOS  projects. In a time I finish next one, there will be another one waiting to happend.

I wish we can do something for TK

If you want to make your panels easy and inexpensive pay atantion on this great marterial I used for my panel. In Serbia, I payed 65x65mm sheet about 20 Euros and cutting/engraving in 500 lpi resolution cost me about 12 Euros including cutting the base 3mm acrylic. http://www.rowmark.com/laser/Textures/textures.asp

***** DAMN!!!!! *****

You definitely beat me!  ;D

Really lovely box, especially big respect for *ALL* those little details, excellent and very very very nice work (you can feel the effort behind it for sure)!!

• 1 month later...

Man your box is superb, very very very nice, am realy impressed, currently am working with your technique for the backlit buttons using round cast acrylic, and now am thinking instead of silkscreen it, I will go your way with that material, I hope you don't mind.

• 2 months later...

thats a very tidy bit of work indeed.. and nice to see things other than sids in Commodore cases :)

Damn.. forget fiddling on with lasertran (for now..) ..next few project pannels are going to be done using a sign maker service.. the finish is so unbeleiveably professional :)

..now the mission is on to try to find a local place thats afforable in the uk midlands..

...that inspires me actually  ..if i build a control surface for my mbsid+mbfm (those have been waiting for completion so long, its become a joke..) ..then im definately building it into one of these cases :)