Controlling Cubase

antonybest

Hello,

I am a Newbie and the questions I am about to ask are probably a bit silly and you'll all laugh at me!

I am looking design a contoller that controls the Audio faders and transport buttons in Cubase SX2/SX3, but I am not sure as to whether you can do this or what design, if you can, to use.  Is it possible to be able to do this without all the other pots and buttons seen on other controllers?

Thanks

Antony

Welcome to the forum. You'll find we're all pretty friendly 'round here (well, mostly). And controlling channel faders and transport buttons is one of the most common uses of the midibox platform. Your best bet's the MB64 if you just want faders and buttons, MB64e if you want rotary encoders ("endless pots") or the MBLC if you want motorised faders.

Hello,

Thanks for the quick replies!  I din't see the Nelson picture coming!  I should have prepared myself for that one!

I would like to use motorised faders, so I think I will go with the LC.  Is it possible to use the Core with only faders and transport buttons then?  Or does it need all other pots to function correctly?

Thanks

Antony

Hi,

if you like to build the midibox LC for cubase you won't need pots. But for the transport (esp. the jog wheel) you should have at least one encoder.

You won't need to build the whole controller. Just pick out the parts you like to control. I'm working now for almost three years with my double LC under cubase. It's really worth the effort!

Just read through the midibox LC section and find out what you'll need. Don't be scared by the many functions you would be able to control by building the full box. As mentioned above: Just pick out the things you need and give it a try.

@DavidBanner

you can use the Midiboxes with out the pots - you just need to ground unused inputs.

If you're building a LC with 8 Motorfaders (..when you want motorfaders you'll have to build the LC...) you can forget about the pots and the grounding isue.... there aren't any pots  ;)

greets

DOC