MIDIbox of the Week (Wilba's MIDIbox SID V2, aka. MB-6582)

TK.

• 1 month later...

:: AMAZING! ::

Looks so good.. And definetaly sounds too.

I wish, I could achieve same quality. Very good job!

Now I must find Main Knob for my :: OLD CHERRY :: It´s original silver knob has missing :(

TONE

Synth Freak From Finland

Hey Wilba, very nicely done indeed.

How did you attach the CS PCB to the CS? I can see the screws on the PCB side but I don't see any screws poking through the CS  :P.

So what did you screw them into?

If you read his blog, you can see how he glued the screws to the back side of the frontpanel.

They are actually 10mm threaded spacers, glued to the back of the frontpanel with JB-Weld, PCB is held to those with screws. There are also flathead (countersunk) screws glued to the back of the frontpanel at the corners, which hold the panel to the PT-10 case.

OK, found the blog (and read it too). This JB-weld looks like interesting stuff.

Personally I was toying with the idea of having something threaded welded to the back of the front panel but I have some serious doubts whether that'd actually work (you'd have to use the same metals, it mustn't show on the front side, I don't know jack about welding, ...). This seems like a much easier solution.

ALBS is located in germany - it could make sense that somebody in Europe is doing the group order for ALBS knobs to save shipping costs and tax fees.

...how about a new "group order" board? ;-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.