UK/Europe Bulk order of "Waldorf" knobs for the MB-6582 (CLOSED)

Goblinz

You might be surprised... When I got a shipment of 300 knobs I counted them three times, absolutely convinced that there should have been more than that. I have 45 of the waldorf knobs here in a ziplock bag, and it fits in the palm of my hand. They don't take up as much space as you'd think.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... "registered post envelopes" at a postage price of EUR15 per envelope...

Sorry, but in no way I'm going to accept 15 euro shipping from a neighboring country. 16 buttons fit easily in a standard padded anvelope, which could be sent for only a few euro's. I'm willing to accept the risks of uninsured sending for this one.

Cheers,  Alex.

Sorry, but in no way I'm going to accept 15 euro shipping from a neighboring country. 16 buttons fit easily in a standard padded anvelope, which could be sent for only a few euro's. I'm willing to accept the risks of uninsured sending for this one.

Cheers,  Alex.

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick here. The EUR15 is per registered envelope posted to me in the UK (not a neighbouring country), Obviously they'll be able to put quite a few knobs in one envelope, stryd_one mentioned that they managed to fit 300 knobs in one envelope for him. If they can fit all 500 odd into one envelope for EUR15 then it isn't too bad, if it's too envelopes then it's a lot more on postage than what DHL Germany charge.

We're ordering over 600 knobs here so the package does need to be insured on it's way to the UK. Initially it looks like the cost per-knob including postage and taxes is going to be something like £0.77 ea. Postage from the UK to anywhere in Europe will still be as quoted in the original post. I'm waiting to find out about the postage from Germany before I send out the invoices as I don't want to end up out of pocket over this.

G

OK, I misunderstood, sorry 'bout that.

I assumed ALBS would be sending the indivudual packages to us directly. Maybe that's not a bad idea after all, have you asked ALBS if they're willing to do that? Might save some or even a lot of shipping, after all you're located on an Island  ;) ;D

If that's not possible you should ofcourse have them shipped to you insured. From there on I'd like mine to ship to me acap (as cheap as possible)  ;)

Cheers,  Alex.

OK, I misunderstood, sorry 'bout that.

I assumed ALBS would be sending the indivudual packages to us directly. Maybe that's not a bad idea after all, have you asked ALBS if they're willing to do that? Might save some or even a lot of shipping, after all you're located on an Island  ;) ;D

If that's not possible you should ofcourse have them shipped to you insured. From there on I'd like mine to ship to me acap (as cheap as possible)  ;)

Cheers,  Alex.

In all honesty I don't see that they would be able to ship them individually, that was the point of getting a bulk order together as they are used to dealing with large companies, not small frye like us. We're all getting some quality knobs out of this at wholesale prices so personally I have no complaints. The £3 postage that I'm charging is a flat rate which is a lot less than I originally thought it would be.

G

stryd_one mentioned that they managed to fit 300 knobs in one envelope for him.

Not quite what I said but you're close enough ;)

The lot of 300 was a different knob from a different place and they were delivered in a cardboard tray and a snake of mini tear-off plastic bags heheh

I can't remember how the albs knobs got here, but the point was that it was small. I think you'd easily fit 500 in an A4/Letter sized envelope or maybe two if you have a bit of padding.

relax ppl, at the end you all getting **ing awesome synth module which is totally mindblowing and simply put cost-unestimateable to you yourself, and you cry about how much it costs to you.. . . . . a joke?

don't build it... or get another parts locally

btw, last time i ordered 50 knobs from hong-kong, it came here in one nice wrapped tiny envelope.. within approx. 15x10x3.5cm plastic bag inside

Invoices will be sent out tomorrow. My paypal account is a premier account which means the same fees are involved (3.4% + £0.20) for all types of payment. I will therefore only accept Paypal balance transfers and debit/credit cards, this hopefully will mean that I can get the payments in faster and therefore be able make the order sooner.

G

Some "stupid" with my online-banking -> paypal -connection, will check it tommorow personaly @bank and send the money as soon as it´ll be possible...

Thanks for letting me know. Is there any way that you could use a bank-card through paypal? It's a lot faster then transferring money from a bank (I did request that people only use a paypal balance transfer or cards). If people are using a bank transfer then it means that I will have to sub the amount untill it clears so I need to know about this.

The current situation is that 3 payments haven't come through yet, one of these is a bank transfer which has been paid, Wicked-E is currently trying to sort out his bank transfer and then there is one that I have not heard anything back from yet. Hopefully we can get these things ordered and on their way this week.

G

Payment Cleared

TheProf           

monokinetic       

Kartoshka     

DavidBanner   

opkod   

Wise           

Comandante64   

ToF           

Twin-X     

lviklund   

LaRssA     

nige         

JAICEN       

unit-sound     

NorthernLightX   

julienvoirin 

Apart from these I'm waiting for one bank funds transfer which is pending, one transfer, one invoice which has not being acted on and one memeber who is having difficulties with the bank (???)

Wicked-E, any news? Paypal usually says pending if there's going to be a delay. Do you know what you are doing with paypal? It should be just a case of registering a card with paypal and then selecting to pay from that card. The same should be true if you're paying through your bank account, It'd be quicker to use card payment though.

G