6582 SID MEGA-SALE!!! (CLOSED)

Wilba

THE 6582 SID MEGA-SALE IS NOW CLOSED!

A future 6582A SID MEGA SALE will be arranged through this wiki page:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/wilba_6582a_sid_mega_sale

WILBA IS TOTALLY CRAZY!!! *WHACK*

As if selling 666 SIDs to date wasn't crazy enough, I am now expecting delivery of 512 pieces of CSG 6582A SID.

THE GOODS

6582 (6582A) SIDs are just like 8580 SIDs and not like 6581 SIDs. They have the filter that works best for the MB-SID V2 Bassline mode, low noise, less bugs. Look elsewhere for whether 6582/8580 is better/worse than 6581.

I use eight of them in my MB-6582 MB-SID V2 Synth:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/wilba_mb_6582

(but you already knew that)

THE DEAL

Due to recent changes in exchange rates, my haggling skills, and to make my accounting  easier, I am changing the price I usually charge, and will request payment in Australian dollars only.

6582 SIDs now cost AU$25 each plus postage and handling fees.

I add up the exact cost of SIDs and postage in Australian dollars, and then multiply by 1.0351966873706 to add the handling fee.

This means 6582 SIDs now cost approximately AU$25.88 or US$22.97 or 16.23 EUR when including handling fees.

Postage will be calculated as the actual cost to post, plus packaging. The PayPal invoice will include the handling fee in the postage amount.

Approximately 200 SIDs are reserved for people on the waiting list, so there'll be approximately 300 SIDs available for new orders.

People on the waiting list must still email me their orders!

HOW TO ORDER

Running the MB-6582 PCB bulk order and selling SIDs has now made me intolerant of people who can't follow simple instructions, reply to their emails within a few days, or don't sent PayPal payments. So there are now three simple rules:

1. If you don't have the cash, don't waste my time with an order.

An order means "I can pay now", not "I can pay when I get paid next month". I would prefer people wait until they are ready to buy and then order.

2. After emailing an order, you are expected to check your emails daily and make a PayPal payment as soon as you receive a payment request. I try to do things as quickly as possible, but this stuff still takes time.

3. Fill in the order form exactly as described so I can easily copy and paste the details into a spreadsheet.

Email your order to: Jason.S.Williams@ I HATE SPAM gmail.com

The contents of the email should be (without labels!):

MIDIbox username

Real name + Postal Address + COUNTRY

Contact Email Address (same one you are using to email me)

PayPal Email Address

Quantity of 6582A SIDs

example:

FunkyPunky

Johannes Schmitt

Oberammergaueralpenkräuterdelikatessenfrühstückskäse Str. 29

10997 Berlin

GERMANY

Johannes.Schmitt @gmx.de

Johannes.Schmitt @gmx.de

DISCLAIMER

If your parcel is lost in the mail and you didn't/couldn't get postal insurance, there's nothing I can do.

All SIDs I sell are tested before packing to ensure the oscillators and filter work. These chips are new-old-stock, not pulls from Commodore 64, and are unused when sold, with absolutely no long term guarantee. However, considering these chips have been safely tucked away in antstatic tubes for 15 years, they are less likely to fail than one you find in Commodore 64 that has been power cycled thousands of times and been alternately cooked and frozen in a garage etc. From my experience, after testing over six hundred 6582 SIDs, only 3 were found dead. After salvaging about eight 6581s, all were found to have dead filters or dead oscillators.

If you find any chips faulty through initial testing with hardware that is known to work, I might allow you to return them and get a refund or replacement if possible.

THE SALE STARTS NOW!

Don't wait too long to get your SIDs... they might cart me away to the asylum before I can buy another batch

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exelent news!!!

just 1 detail:

I live in Mexico, and here, if you can't track a package and it appears to have something remotely valuable you can be sure it will get lost/stolen, just happened to me with something coming from USA worth $20 only, go figure!

so, Can you clarify this for me please:

is "Parcel" postage trackable? if not, can you offer any trackable and preferably faster option for shipping? extra cost is not an issue for me.

is "Parcel" postage trackable? if not, can you offer any trackable and preferably faster option for shipping? extra cost is not an issue for me.

"Parcel" postage is just airmail, there is no tracking.

There is also no postal insurance to Mexico.

We can discuss other options via email.

Wilba, are you sure that you're not actually making these chips in your basement or summik?

I found the answer in some anonymous D'N'D blog:

DungeonMaster 04:04am: Okay, Wilba, your turn. You're standing in a haunted looking basement. What do you do?

Wilba uses a Level 14 dismorphia spell in reverse mode, only summoning the first 3 chars.

DungeonMaster 04:05am: So, a SID-spell it is?!?

Wilba nods

DungeonMaster 04:05am: Roll your d20 then!

Wilba rolls a 21

DungeonMaster 04:06am: This - can't - be - happening.

System Message: Wilba receives 8334741 SID chips.

Wilba quit (leave).

The invoices have been sent to everyone who has ordered before now.

New orders are welcome, and I will send an invoice as soon as possible.

I will be packing SIDs this week and hopefully get them out on Friday (but testing and packing 300 SIDs into 30 parcels takes time so perhaps I'm underestimating again!)

Hey Wilba, I don't know if anybody else has experienced this, but I just received my last lot of SID's. They'd been delayed at customs, and i've been charged VAT (at least, I think I have! It say's it won't be delivered till VAT is payed, but i've got them now!). It's not a big deal really (£15), but it's a bit annoying. Just a heads up to any UK customers to take that into account.

I am sort of stuck between adding postal insurance (protecting your "investment") or not adding it.

I can stick 8 SIDs in an envelope and send it to you for $5 and you'll get them 99% of the time.

As soon as I add insurance, I have to upgrade the postage (from a thin "letter" to a "parcel") and then the insured value is what customs sees. Unfortunately, I'm doing postal insurance through the regular airmail, it's not some separate insurer (like SmashTV uses, I think)... so I can't separate the declared value from the insured value, otherwise there's no point getting insurance at all.

You guys elsewhere in the world have it really bad, UK and Canada in particular... for such small value goods, it's ludicrous... I don't know how you guys get any bargains on eBay or order anything from overseas.

For us in Australia, things that are around $500 or under don't get customs' attention at all, and anything over is only 10% duty. But then sending something overseas costs far more than it does to get something sent here.

If people want to cancel their postal insurance, they can ask me and I'll refund the difference in postage costs and stick $20 on the customs declaration. But do it quick because I'm packing them this week.

Had exactly the same problem. I posted on another forum asking if there was a way round having to pay it and somebody expleained to me how the charge was calculated...

Import Duty at the appropriate rate PLUS VAT at 17.5% PLUS a nominal charge for Royal Mail collecting the payment.  You can check the duty charges for common imports on a Government website somewhere (it depends on the type of goods involved and it's rarely <3%) but it's not hmce.gov any more and I can't remember the new URL at the mo.  I'll add it later if/when I find it. If it's not on the short list on the site then you will need to phone them as the official book of goods .vs. duty is apparently several telephone directory sized volumes so isn't generally published in full on-line.  They're usually very helpful if you do need to speak to them though.

There is no way round it unless the charges are definitely unreasonable in which case I think you can appeal but you still have to pay up-front.  Once RM has advised you there is a charge to pay then you either pay it or don't get the goodies - simple as that really :(  Goods to the value of £20 (ish) don't attract C&E charges and technically the goods value includes any packing and carriage charges. Also, if the Customs declaration by the sender is considered inappropriate (i.e. it states "gift" <$10 or whatever when it's really a purchase with a much higher value) you still to get to pay the relevant amount or the package will be seized if it's picked up.  In fact, if you try to  con them, it's not uncommon for them to 'accidentally' charge you way too much !  It is illegal to make a false declaration and technically it is YOU who is liable.  The only good news is that sometimes packages sneak through even when the paperwork is totally correct and therefore you don't get charged but, TBH, it's a pretty rare thing these days.

25% in total sounds about right to me as the charges are never going to be less than 20% of the goods value on a good day plus a couple of quid or thereabout to RM.

Clicky here for some official info :)

25% is quite a large amount to have to pay so it's best to take it into account. I'm not sure what would happen if you couldn't pay it, ie how long they would keep your goods before returning/destroying them . Well, at least they're still delivering the mail at the moment!

G